A state Senate committee struggled Monday with the definition of pornography while debating legislation to restrict the use of state tax credits for certain productions.
“You’ll know it when you see it,” state Sen. A.G. Crowe said of what he is targeting in his legislation.
The committee eventually voted without objection to advance the proposal.
Crowe’s Senate Bill 513 would prohibit the state Department of Economic Development and the Office of Entertainment Industry Development from approving tax credits for film projects that must file documentation with the federal government because they involve “sexually explicit conduct.”
The federal record keeping is designed to ensure that children are not participating in pornographic productions.
Among other things, production companies have to collect performers’ dates of birth and correct names.
SB513 simply characterizes the targeted productions as pornographic. Language also referring to the productions as obscene was removed.
State Sen. Ed Murray, D-New Orleans, asked Crowe if his legislation defines pornographic.
Crowe, R-Slidell, said it does not. “Pornographic is a floating target in terms of determination,” Crowe said.
Murray said he did not see how the state could police something that is not defined.
The motion picture tax incentives are making Louisiana a popular place to shoot films.
- Moon Silk | #jWe | #Louisiana | #CenLa |
- Bids for Harambe-shaped Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Rose to Nearly $100G on eBay
- Tom Brady’s Jersey Found
- South Park to back off mocking Trump
- Happy New Year!
- #SwineFlu | #FakeNews | #Weee!
- Age of Mann: Huntin’ Stories | #Banished
- Poor Ping #Triggered Gwen | #Ping & #Gwen
- What is it Serious? | Magic #Christmas Tayter | #SeriousPickle
- Is the Alt-Right Dead? Mike Cernovich Interview | #PizzaGate | ‘#FakeNews’
- 9th Judicial District Court
- Alexandria City Court
- Alexandria Museum of Art
- Alexandria Pineville Area CVB
- Alexandria Police
- Alexandria Retrospective
- Alexandria Utilities
- Alexandria Zoological Park
- Cenla Focus
- City of Alexandria
- City of Pineville
- Department of Children & Family Services
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- EPA Region 6 | CWPPRA
- Find a Senator or Representative
- Find your Louisiana Legislators
- Louisiana Rebel World
- Louisiana Travel
- Mayor's Office of Alexandria
- Mayor's Office of Pineville
- Office of the Governor
- Official Louisiana Hurricane Survival Guide
- Pineville City Court
- Pineville Police
- Pineville Utilities
- Rapides Parish Clerk of Court
- Rapides Parish Court House
- Rapides Parish Library
- Rapides Parish Map
- RAPIDES PARISH POLICE JURY
- Rapides Parish School Board
- Rapides Parish Sherriff's Office
- The Dead Pelican
- The Hayride