Have you ever wanted to
spy see on what is going on in your home while you are away? Motion is a piece of open source software that acts as a motion detector. It enables you to set-up a webcam server that you can have all your cameras connected too, so you can view them remotely and also upload them to a remote server. Motion should run on most linux distributions but for this exercise I’m using the desktop version of Ubuntu linux.
- Extra computer that we’ll use as the server.
- Distro of linux installed on the server. (Recommended, Ubuntu)
- USB webcam with a linux driver
- Static IP set for the server
- General knowledge of Linux like OS’s.
- A bit of free time
Okay lets start off by downloading the linux driver for your webcam. This great man wrote a single driver that is compatible with…
View original post 696 more words