Six Year Old Sisters In Texas Burn Center After Covington House Fire

Originally posted on WGNO:

 

A Covington mother and her four children barely escape a fire that destroyed their home.

The State Fire Marshal says it started around 1:00 in the morning Thursday at the family’s home in the 200 block of West Edwards Street.

It’s suspected an air condition unit sparked the fire at the Covington home where Jessica Chatman and her four children, Rodney, Justin,  Oshiri and Sa’mia were inside sleeping.

Neighbor Aaron Herbert says an explosion woke him up, “I got my son up and I said, ‘man the house is on fire,’ and the lady was in the middle of the street hollering.”

Once Herbert got outside, the panic stricken mother was screaming for her kids. That’s when Herbert’s says his 38-year-old step son instinctively ran inside the burning house, “He said, “dad, let me get it.” And he ran in there. He got the boy out.”

When firefighters arrived…

View original 161 more words

Comments are closed.