- 210,093 Page Views
Most Viewed Posts
- Baton Rouge, LA: Rapper Samuel Nicholas A.K.A. "Mista Cain" wanted for murder
- THE SCANDAL GROWS: David Petraeus mistress sent menacing e-mails to mystery woman she feared would cause affair-trouble
- Al-Qaeda-inspired Islamist terrorists slaughtered soldier 'like a piece of meat’ in brutal murder
- KMOV's Larry Conners on Break After IRS Comments
- Alexandria, LA: Tasha Jenkins arrested for murder of her 3-month-old baby, the child was found in the waters of Bayou Rapides
- Woman gunned down in front of Algiers church just before 30th birthday
- Scam artist swindles people nationwide, dubbed 'Bernie Madoff of Baton Rouge'
- Walnut Ridge, AR: Father of Sidney Nicole Randall claims she was abused by her stepdad
- Deputies Arrest 2 In Sex Crime
- IRS to Take Sequester 'Furlough Day' May 24, 2013Blaming the sequester, the IRS is "furloughing" employees for a day on Friday. In an internal email sent out on Monday, the IRS's Deputy Commissioner for Operations Support, Beth Tucker, told all IRS employees that "the IRS as an organization and all of us as employees are going through some difficult days." "The first of our sc […]
- Another Appeals Court Rules Obama Recess Appointments Unconstitutional May 24, 2013Breitbart News reported on Jan. 25 that the federal appeals court in Washington, D.C. declared President Barack Obama’s recess appointments unconstitutional. Now another federal appeals court has done so as well, all but guaranteeing the Supreme Court will take up this issue in what could become a major defeat for the president. To recap: the U.S. Senate was […]
- EXCLUSIVE: IRS Org Chart Puts Ingram, Lerner at Center of Power May 24, 2013An official Internal Revenue Service (IRS) organizational chart of the Tax Exempt & Government Entities division from February 2011 offers a more complete picture of the authority Lois Lerner--the now-removed IRS director of the tax-exempt unit--and Sarah Hall Ingram--presently tasked with overseeing the implementation of Obamacare--held as the IRS schem […]
- Hamas in Gaza Sending Out Tentacles to the West Bank May 23, 2013In March, a Palestinian resident of the West Bank appeared before an Israeli military court and was charged with attempting to set up a Hamas terrorism cell, after being recruited for the mission by Hamas in Gaza. Ahmed Fahida, a 26-year-old attorney from a village near Ramallah, allegedly worked under the instruction of Hamas's military wing in Gaza, t […]
- Modern Gangster Movie Collection Captures Shades of Gray ... and Red May 23, 2013The morally ambiguous films of the late 1960s and early 1970s changed cinema as we know it. They also allowed modern gangster films to dig deeper into the murky souls of their antiheroes. Ultimate Gangster Collection: Contemporary, available now on Blu-ray, gathers five essential mobster movies with an array of questionable characters and actions. Mean Stre […]
- IRS to Take Sequester 'Furlough Day' May 24, 2013
- OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS... May 24, 2013OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS...(Top headline, 1st story, link)Related stories:HECKLED OVER GITMO...'Sit Down. You should let me finish my sentence'...'Force alone cannot make us safe'...Declares increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet...
- HECKLED OVER GITMO... May 24, 2013HECKLED OVER GITMO...(Top headline, 2nd story, link)Related stories:OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS...'Sit Down. You should let me finish my sentence'...'Force alone cannot make us safe'...Declares increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet...
- 'Sit Down. You should let me finish my sentence'... May 24, 2013'Sit Down. You should let me finish my sentence'...(Top headline, 3rd story, link)Related stories:OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS...HECKLED OVER GITMO...'Force alone cannot make us safe'...Declares increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet...
- 'Force alone cannot make us safe'... May 24, 2013'Force alone cannot make us safe'...(Top headline, 4th story, link)Related stories:OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS...HECKLED OVER GITMO...'Sit Down. You should let me finish my sentence'...Declares increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet...
- Declares increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet... May 24, 2013Declares increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet...(Top headline, 5th story, link)Related stories:OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS...HECKLED OVER GITMO...'Sit Down. You should let me finish my sentence'...'Force alone cannot make us safe'...
- OBAMA PROMISES TO DRONE LESS... May 24, 2013
- IRS Official at Center of Scandal Refused to Resign, Senator Says May 24, 2013Lois Lerner, the IRS official who refused to testify on her agency's scandal, also refused to resign, according to a Republican senator who complained that she was only put on administrative leave — with pay. Issa Looks to Call Back IRS Official Who Refused to Testify, Says She Voided 5th Amendment Right How Political Pressure on the IRS BeganOPINION: I […]
- 'CONTRADICTS REALITY':Senators Rip Obama Call to Repeal 'Use of Force' Law May 24, 2013Obama Defends Drone Program, Renews Push to Close GitmoObama's Prepared Remarks for Speech on Counterterrorism Policy Pakistani Military and Incoming PM Plan to Fight US Drone CampaignCHRIS STIREWALT: Of Drones and Dumb Government
- MISTRIAL DECLARED:Jury Deadlocks in Penalty Phase of Jodi Arias Trial May 24, 2013Defense Releases Photos, Texts of Trayvon Martin
- TERROR CONSPIRACY?Jihadist Ties Emerge in British Soldier Killing May 24, 2013London Victim Called Loving Father, Dedicated Soldier UK Emergency Committee Meets After Muslim Terrorists Hack SoldierOPINION: Video Magnifies London Terrorists' Savage BravadoVIDEO: British PM Vows to Never Give in to Terror
- Obama orders Justice Department review after Fox News, AP phone records seized- DOJ invoked Espionage Act in calling Fox News reporter criminal 'co-conspirator' - Roger Ailes' letter to Fox News employees May 24, 2013
- IRS Official at Center of Scandal Refused to Resign, Senator Says May 24, 2013
- Father of Chechen shot by FBI says he thinks son was tortured May 24, 2013GROZNY, Russia (Reuters) - The father of a Chechen immigrant killed during questioning over his links with one of the Boston Marathon bombings suspects said on Thursday he plans to travel to the United States where he thinks his son was tortured and killed.
- Boy Scouts of America votes to end century-old ban on gay scouts May 24, 2013GRAPEVINE, Texas (Reuters) - The Boy Scouts of America voted on Thursday to lift a century-old ban on openly gay scouts in a major victory for gay rights activists, but the decision means a sea of change for an organization that depends heavily on faith-based groups.
- Lawyers in Colorado shooting case challenge insanity defense law May 24, 2013CENTENNIAL, Colo. (Reuters) - Lawyers for accused Colorado movie theater gunman James Holmes argued on Thursday the state's insanity defense law was unconstitutional because it forces him to cooperate with court-appointed psychiatrists or forfeit the right to raise mental-health issues at sentencing.
- Arizona jury deadlocks over Jodi Arias sentencing May 24, 2013PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona jury weighing whether Jodi Arias should be put to death for the brutal murder of her ex-boyfriend deadlocked on Thursday and the judge ordered a retrial of the penalty phase of the case.
- Obama in heated exchanges with Code Pink anti-war protester May 24, 2013WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The woman who interrupted President Barack Obama's speech on counterterrorism policy on Thursday is well-known around Washington as a perennial protester on national security issues.
- Father of Chechen shot by FBI says he thinks son was tortured May 24, 2013
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys - CBS News May 24, 2013CBS NewsBoy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boysCBS NewsUpdated 9:39 PM ET. GRAPEVINE, Texas The Boy Scouts of America threw open its ranks Thursday to gay Scouts but not gay Scout leaders — a fiercely contested compromise that some warned could fracture the organization and lead to mass defections of ...Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youthNBCNe […]
- IRS Places Official at Center of Controversy on Leave - Wall Street Journal May 24, 2013Wall Street JournalIRS Places Official at Center of Controversy on LeaveWall Street JournalLois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service official at the center of a controversy over targeting of conservative groups, was placed on administrative leave from her position as the director for the agency's tax-exempt organizations division as of Thursday, ...Lois […]
- Jodi Arias Trial Update: Hung jury in convicted killer's sentencing phase, new ... - CBS News May 24, 2013Belfast TelegraphJodi Arias Trial Update: Hung jury in convicted killer's sentencing phase, new ...CBS NewsUpdated 9:27 PM ET. (CBS/AP) PHOENIX - The jury in the penalty phase of the trial of convicted killer Jodi Arias was unable to reach a unanimous decision on sentencing, and was dismissed by the judge in a Maricopa County courtroom late Thursday ... […]
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys - CBS News May 24, 2013
- Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth May 23, 2013The controversial move passed by more than 60% of their national council.
- Shapiro: Obama hits reset button on national security May 23, 2013Barack Obama has hit the reset button with the most far-reaching national security address of his presidency
- IRS ousts Lerner, who oversaw targeting May 23, 2013She was director of division that oversaw agents who targeted tea party groups.
- Jodi Arias jury cannot decide on death penalty May 23, 2013Because of the deadlock, the judge ordered a retrial in the penalty phase.
- Researchers to be living on the moon: NASA May 24, 2013A study notes "a lot of excitement and interest from various companies" for such ventures.
- Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth May 23, 2013
- Coburn: No, I don't oppose tornado aid May 23, 2013Sen. Tom Coburn says, despite what some reports say, he agrees with FEMA funding for tornado relief, but if it runs out, he will stick to his policy.
- Will New Yorkers want a Mayor Weiner? May 24, 2013Errol Louis says even with ideas, the shamed congressman--and Park Ave. denizen--may have a tough time selling himself anew as a middle class champion to a city and its media
- Don't blame Apple, blame the tax code May 23, 2013Will Marshall says Tim Cook was grilled about Apple's tax practices but the real culprit is a dysfunctional tax system.
- 9 myths about drones and Guantanamo May 23, 2013On Thursday, President Barack Obama is scheduled to deliver a major speech in Washington about his administration's counterterrorism policies, focusing on the rationale and legal framework for the controversial CIA drone program and his plans to wind down the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay.
- Boston suspect may have killed in 2011 May 23, 2013Bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev took part in a triple homicide outside Boston, a U.S. law enforcement official said. The source said Chechen Ibragim Todashev also confessed his role before he died. FULL STORY
- Coburn: No, I don't oppose tornado aid May 23, 2013
- UK Mom Confronted Hacking Suspects May 24, 2013Loyau-Kennett's bus had just stopped in front of the gruesome killing. Most would have shielded their eyes and fled. Instead, the mother of two and cub scout leader got off the bus and walked straight for the man whose hands were stained a deep red. He carried weapons. She carried only resolve.
- Watch: Windy City Twins May 24, 2013Middle school in Chicago has an astonishing amount of twins.
- Obama's 'New Phase' in Terror Fight May 24, 2013Obama addresses Guantanamo, deaths of four Americans in drone strikes
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Ban on Gay Scouts May 24, 2013Some gay rights advocates call the move a step forward, but others say the 103-year-old organization has sent the wrong message to youth if it denies membership to gay leaders.
- US Tourists Stranded on Iceberg May 24, 2013Four people were rescued from Fjallsárlón glacial lagoon. They had set up a table and chairs with plans for dinner when a a gust of wind pushed the ice from the land. They were stranded about 30 feet from shore. One of the diners managed to jump to shore before the ice drifted too far and call for help.
- UK Mom Confronted Hacking Suspects May 24, 2013
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen May 23, 2013Jury that convicted Jodi Arias of first-degree murder was unable to reach a unanimous decision on sentencing
- Jodi Arias pleads with jurors for a life sentence May 22, 2013Jodi Arias asked jurors to sentence her to life in prison instead of the death penalty, claiming she plans to bring about positive changes
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos May 23, 2013Shayla Taylor was in labor at the Moore Medical Center when the deadly tornado hit
- First funeral held for young Oklahoma tornado victim May 23, 2013Antonia Candelaria, 9, died with her best friend and neighbor Emily Conatzer when their elementary school was destroyed in the storm
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado May 23, 201324 people killed, including ten children, after deadly twister touches down in Moore, Oklahoma
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen May 23, 2013
- Arias jury hung on penalty phase May 24, 2013Jurors in the high-profile Jodi Arias trial on Thursday failed to reach an agreement over whether she should receive the death penalty for killing her ex-boyfriend.Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens called for a retrial in the penalty phase after the jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict. The new jury will be impaneled on July 18, unless […]
- Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth May 24, 2013GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most popular youth organizations, ditching membership guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.Over 60 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400 delegates from across the country […]
- One every 18 hours: Military suicide rate still high despite hard fight to stem deaths May 24, 2013Amid a raft of Pentagon initiatives to slow its suicide crisis, a new Army report Thursday showed the pace of self-inflicted deaths among soldiers — and all service members — has barely budged so far this year from the record rate the military suffered during 2012. Through April, the U.S. military has recorded 161 potential suicides in 2013 among active-duty […]
- Obama reframes counterterrorism policy with new rules on drones May 24, 2013In a major address Thursday President Barack Obama sought to reframe the nation’s counterterrorism strategy, saying, “Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end. That's what history advises. That's what our democracy demands.”Speaking at the National Defense University in Washingt […]
- Father of slain man linked to Boston bombing suspect maintains son's innocence May 24, 2013The father of the man who was killed by FBI agents — after allegedly admitting he and Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev committed a triple homicide in 2011 — claims that his son is innocent and federal investigators made up their case against him.Investigators say Ibragim Todashev told them on Wednesday that he and Tsarnaev killed three people in a B […]
- Arias jury hung on penalty phase May 24, 2013
- Though U.K. No Stranger to Terrorism, London Killing Seen as New Style of Attack May 23, 2013
- Tactics for Preventing and Prosecuting Sexual Assault in the Military May 23, 2013
- Could More Highly Skilled Guest Workers Help Spark Tech-Driven Economy? May 23, 2013
- Tornado-Battered Moore Comes to Grips With Aftermath, Says First of 24 Farewells May 23, 2013
- British Authorities Characterize Brutal Slaying of Soldier as Terrorism May 23, 2013
- Dish Secures $9 Billion in Financing for Sprint Bid May 24, 2013
- AT&T Imposes New Wireless Fee May 23, 2013
- Fed Study Rebuts Banks on Swipe Fees May 23, 2013
- U.S. Stocks Temper Global Rout May 24, 2013
- Sears Swings to Loss After Year-Ago Asset Sales Gains May 24, 2013
- Boy Scouts lift gay ban for youths May 23, 2013
- Arkansas to submit 'private option' waiver in August May 23, 2013
- IRS replaces official who oversaw targeting May 23, 2013
- CRIME MAP: 11 burglaries, one robbery in Little Rock on Wednesday May 23, 2013
- One taken to hospital after reported shootout May 23, 2013
- Abbey Road on the River, Kentucky Reggae Festival are musical mainstays of Memorial Day weekend May 23, 2013
- Entrepreneurs plant seeds in social media May 24, 2013
- Jeffersonville garden pays tribute to Thomas Jefferson May 24, 2013
- University of Louisville undergrad tuition goes up 3 percent May 24, 2013
- Joseph Banis allowed to testify against Jeffrey Mundt after judge reverses own ruling May 24, 2013
- Termites swarm across South Mississippi May 23, 2013
- Dog set afire in George County dies of its injuries May 23, 2013
- Biloxi department store workers accused of embezzling more than $2,000 May 23, 2013
- Obama cites new framework for terror war May 23, 2013
- Hurricane outlook: Another busy Atlantic season May 23, 2013
- Listen to dramatic rescue of Oklahoma students trapped in school after tornado May 23, 2013
- Lumumba nomination: Black support drives runoff victory in Jackson May 23, 2013
- Patrick Coates receives 52-year sentence on drug trafficking charges in Rankin Co. May 23, 2013
- NOAA predicts 3-6 major hurricanes in 2013 May 23, 2013
- Chokwe Lumumba's comments on Christopher Columbus fuel debate May 23, 2013
- Community News: Austin police announce no-refusal weekend May 24, 2013
- Amid Austin building permit backlog, a reviewer is suspected of taking money to rush applications May 24, 2013
- Austin City Council tables Austin Energy decision, supports X Games May 24, 2013
- Police: Woman struck by car as thieves fled May 23, 2013
- City may swap car lanes for bike lanes at Longhorn Dam May 23, 2013
- Cowboys Josh Brent facing new claims that could cost him his bond May 23, 2013
- Widow of fallen Dallas firefighter thanks community for support since fatal blaze May 23, 2013
- Lakers Kupchak thinks Dwight Howard can play nice with coach MAY 23 May 23, 2013
- Nate McMillan done as Team USA assistant MAY 23 May 23, 2013
- Kobe Bryant ties records for most All-NBA selections MAY 23 May 23, 2013
- May 8: Mid-County / Port Arthur Enterprise
- Man gets life for razor attack on East Texas barber Man gets life for razor attack on East Texas barber Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:38 am, Thursday, May 23, 2013 A man who claimed self-defense has been sentenced to life in prison for grabbing a razor and slitting the throat of an […]
- Bizarre home invasion ends with fatal shooting, anthrax search Bizarre home invasion ends with fatal shooting, anthrax search Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:36 am, Thursday, May 23, 2013 Bizarre home invasion ends with fatal shooting, anthrax search An armed intruder riding in a car with […]
- Now a grandfather, first clone of his kind turns 10 at A&M Now a grandfather, first clone of his kind turns 10 at A&M Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 1:51 pm, Thursday, May 23, 2013 Today is the tenth anniversary of the birth of Dewey, the first cloned white-tailed deer, born on May 23, 200 […]
- Ordinance confusion spurs food truck frenzy Ordinance confusion spurs food truck frenzy Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 6:00 am, Thursday, May 23, 2013 Backers of Beaumont's food truck movement launched into a feeding frenzy this week after specific complaints about tw […]
- Orange Co. paves way for economic growth May 23, 2013Orange-County-Seal-bw.jpg Orange County Commissioners have unanimously approved a resolution to nominate International Paper as a double jumbo enterprise project and entered into a contract with iDocket.com for the company to provide public, fee-based access to records of the district and county clerk offices. Jonathan Ferguson with Ryan LLC, a consulting fi […]
- To lie is to steal May 23, 2013Saturday, May 18, was a glorious day for Lamar University, which conferred more than 1,600 degrees to 1,605 graduates. Many of these graduates are parents, full-time workers — not to mention volunteers, athletes and participants in school organizations. read more
- End of an era at OHA May 23, 2013DSCN1617.jpg After nearly a decade at the Orange Housing Authority (OHA), president of the board of commissioners Mary McKenna has moved on to greener pastures, now representing taxpayers as a member of the Orange City Council instead. read more
- Lunch at the ranch May 23, 2013Consul-gift-to-Griff-2.jpg Branick.jpg A group including local politicians, business and community leaders, and Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies welcomed the consul general of Qatar, Faisal Abdulla Al-Henzab, to the ranch of former Jefferson County judge and business consultant Carl Griffith on Friday, May 17, to celebrate the blooming friendship and busi […]
- Texas painter immortalizes fallen soldiers May 23, 2013Shawn-Tousha-painting-and-Ken-Pridgeon.jpg 902245_10200541991184331_2-copy.jpg Some artists paint to express themselves or as a form of therapy— to get out feelings trapped inside. Others use art as a path to immortality, using their works to carry on their own names. Ken Pridgeon paints to immortalize others — fallen soldiers who not only fought and died fo […]
- Orange Co. paves way for economic growth May 23, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Deputies release name of woman shot and killed Thursday morning May 23, 2013Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputies have released the name of a woman who was shot to death Thursday morning, and the name of the man accused of shooting her.
- WO-S Senior dies after home burglary May 23, 2013Orange police say an Orange man, who died after being found bleeding in the middle of a street Wednesday night, cut himself on a window during a home burglary. Devin Walker was found just before 11 p.m.
- Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay kids May 23, 2013GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted on Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most popular youth organizations, ditching membership
- Beaumont attorney held in jail on $12 Million bond May 23, 2013A well-known Beaumont attorney is in jail on bonds totaling more than $12,000,000.
- Teen in Orange dies from puncture wounds May 23, 2013Police in Orange are trying to find out if there is a connection between the discovery of a teen who died from what appears to be stab or puncture wounds and a burglary that happened Wednesday evening.
- Deputies release name of woman shot and killed Thursday morning May 23, 2013
- Suspect in custody following shooting death of girlfriend May 23, 2013JEFFERSON COUNTY - KFDM News has learned the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office has taken a suspect into custody on charges of murdering his girlfriend and investigators say the couple's young twin children were at his home in Hamshire at the time of the shooting. ...
- Remembering pool safety this Memorial Day weekend May 23, 2013BEAUMONT-By: Leslie RangelAccording to the state, so far this year, there have been 16 child deaths in water. Last year 74 children died in water-related accidents, of those a majority were 3 years old and younger.Of all deaths in waterways, studies show about half occur in pools. ...
- Police release name of man who died in Nederland accident that injured wife May 23, 2013NEDERLAND - Nederland Police have released the name of a man who died in an accident that also injured his wife when their Jeep overturned. Jerry Eden Marshall, 39, of Port Neches, was killed at about 2:30 a. ...
- New details about man's death in Orange May 23, 2013ORANGE - Investigators with the Orange Police Department tell KFDM News preliminary autopsy results indicate a man died from injuries he received from broken glass and officers say the injuries may be linked to an earlier burglary. Watch KFDM and stay with kfdm. ...
- Parents react to bill allowing teachers to carry guns May 23, 2013BEAUMONT - By Megan Dillard - Texas lawmakers passed the The Protection of Texas Children Act. The measure, which is now headed to the governor's desk, will create a school marshal program. That means that school districts without the resources to have law enforcement officers on their campuses can designate school employees to carry concealed weapons o […]
- Suspect in custody following shooting death of girlfriend May 23, 2013
- Fed Fears Shake Global Markets but Fade on Wall St. May 24, 2013
- Kelley Davies Currin Seeks Ouster of USA Swimming Officials After Coach’s Abuse May 24, 2013
- Obama Seeks to Narrow Terror Fight May 24, 2013
- Senate Confirms Sri Srinivasan for Appeals Court Seat May 24, 2013
- Envoy Says North Korea Open to Dialogue May 23, 2013
- Jodi Arias jury can't decide on death penalty or life in prison; sentencing retrial scheduled for July May 23, 2013
- Crime-deterring surveillance cameras for Rockaways delayed by 'red tape' May 23, 2013
- Fired teacher says meaning 'lost in translation' after calling student 'Negro' May 23, 2013
- Obama orders review of DOJ process for investigating journalists May 23, 2013
- Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay members May 23, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America lifts ban on gay youth May 23, 2013
- Obama reveals conflicted thinking on drone strikes May 24, 2013
- Obama puts restrictions on drone program May 24, 2013
- Villaraigosa, Garcetti pledge smooth transition in mayor's office May 23, 2013
- Fourth U.S. drone victim influenced by Sept. 11, war May 23, 2013
- Fearless London woman describes the moment she confronted terrorists and became a national hero
- ‘A true warrior’: Soldier fought in Afghanistan before ‘horrific’ death at hands of London terrorists
- Suspect in London soldier’s death deemed not a serious threat despite long association with Islamic extremists
- Parents launch petition to bring back Father’s Day cards after school replaces holiday with ‘Family Day’
- Mounties celebrate 140 years of crisp, scarlet uniforms: North West Mounted Police get high-profile Google salute
- IRS replaces Lois Lerner amid controversy over Tea Party targeting May 23, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America vote to end ban on gay youth members May 23, 2013
- Senator: West Point case shows military has 'sexual harassment problem' May 23, 2013
- Obama speech: 'Perpetual war will prove self-defeating' – live updates May 23, 2013
- George Zimmerman lawyers release data from Trayvon Martin's cellphone May 23, 2013
- Woolwich attack: Descent into evil of teenager Michael Adebolajo from devout Christian family May 24, 2013
- Breaking news: Jury UNABLE to reach a verdict on Jodi Arias death penalty as judge declares a mistrial May 24, 2013
- LaTisha Garcia: Mother who became the face of Oklahoma disaster after being pictured carrying daughter in her arms opens up about harrowing ordeal May 24, 2013
- Inside the KKK: New documentary shows how the hate group known for white hoods and cross burnings is still alive and well in the deep South May 24, 2013
- Summer diets: Women 'overhaul' their bodies five times a year for holidays and the wedding season (but men only change twice) May 24, 2013
- Postcard from... Milan May 23, 2013
- President Obama defends drone strikes - but moves to rein them in May 23, 2013
- Alexander Lebedev witnesses say they were coerced into testifying May 23, 2013
- Alexander Lebedev witnesses say they were pressured into attending court case by investigators May 23, 2013
- Second jewellery theft reported near Cannes May 23, 2013
- ‘We built Frankenstein monsters, spawned millions of radicalized Muslims’ – MP George Galloway May 24, 2013
- 'Illusion of progress': Obama speech offers little insight on closing Guantanamo May 24, 2013
- Class-action lawsuit formed against 'kids for cash' scandal May 23, 2013
- Major fines coming to New Yorkers who rent out apartments for under a month May 23, 2013
- ‘No chance of surviving’: Russia to evacuate drifting polar research station May 23, 2013
- Obama to Tour Jersey Shore With Christie May 24, 2013
- Hobby Lobby Asks Court to End Birth-control Mandate May 24, 2013
- Rep. Ellmers: Obama Didn't Act Soon Enough on Counterterrorism Plan May 23, 2013
- Ben Carson: Not Too Late to Stop Obamacare May 23, 2013
- Former US Defense Chief: Britain Too Slow in Addressing Homegrown Terrorism May 23, 2013
- With Weiner, NYC mayor race takes on new dynamic May 24, 2013
- It’s official: Chicago Public Schools will close 49 elementary schools for good May 24, 2013
- GOP Ariz. rep. who supports Medicaid is threatened May 23, 2013
- Google actually does something patriotic May 23, 2013
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces May 23, 2013
- All Three Budget Options Would Damage National Security May 23, 2013
- Withdrawing U.S. Forces from Europe Weakens America May 23, 2013
- The Obama Medicare Agenda: Why Seniors Will Fare Worse May 23, 2013
- Farmers and Property Rights: Conservation Compliance Should Not Be Connected to Crop Insurance May 22, 2013
- Top 10 To-Do List for the National Defense Authorization Act May 21, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Left Blames NLRB Delays For Teamster Rep Losing Home Without Asking: Where Was His Union? May 24, 2013
- The decline and fall of the Obama-media industrial complex. May 23, 2013
- Peggy Noonan, Nate Silver & Punditry May 23, 2013
- Welfare, opportunity, and assimilation May 23, 2013
- Securing Our Borders With Open Borders May 23, 2013
- Boehner: Committee Can Decide Whether to Subpoena Communications Between IRS and White House May 24, 2013
- Belmoktar claims responsibility for Niger attack May 24, 2013
- NH woman convicted of child porn gets 40 years May 24, 2013
- Pilots in fatal Alaska crash on different signals May 24, 2013
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case May 24, 2013
- Holder Approved Search Warrant for Rosen Emails May 23, 2013
- Chambliss: Obama’s Speech Will Be “Viewed by Terrorists as a Victory” May 23, 2013
- Video: During Counterterrorism Speech, Woman Heckles Obama For Agreeing With Her May 23, 2013
- Some Suspicious Meetings May 23, 2013
- She Couldn't Help It: Pelosi Blames Bush For IRS Scandal May 23, 2013
- Model, 19, Hatches Insane Plan to Win Back Her Ex-Boyfriend May 24, 2013
- State Department Official Who Played Key Role in Editing Benghazi Talking Points Nominated for Assistant Secretary of State Position May 24, 2013
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich May 24, 2013
- Shocking Video: Police Shoot Crazed London Terrorists Accused of Butchering British Soldier May 24, 2013
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years May 23, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America vote to allow gay members May 24, 2013
- Chris Matthews: Ugh, Morning Joe is so “open to all people’s points of view” May 24, 2013
- EU officials now fretting over Europe’s conspicuously higher energy prices May 24, 2013
- Oversight looking to interview thirteen more State Dept officials plus ARB report authors on Benghazi May 24, 2013
- Holder signed off on warrant for James Rosen records May 23, 2013
- Gohmert’s Scandal Fix: ‘Special Counsel and Dismantle the IRS’ May 23, 2013
- Obama Still Running on ‘al-Qaeda Is on the Run’ Message as He Talks New Strategy May 23, 2013
- Feds Trying to Track a Million Who Have Overstayed Visas May 23, 2013
- Obama Administration Calls for the ‘Human Rights’ of Jihadi Murderers May 23, 2013
- Cummings to PJM: ‘I Don’t See a Comparison at All’ to Watergate May 23, 2013
- Chris Matthews Trashes 'Morning Joe' for Being 'Open to All People's Points of View' May 23, 2013
- Dennis Miller: 'Nixonian' Obama Will Need Teleprompter to Say 'I Am Not a Crook' May 23, 2013
- NBC Affiliate: Ft. Hood Shooter Still Drawing Paycheck, Victims Denied Benefits; When Will 'Nightly News' Cover? May 23, 2013
- Leno: Obama Knows Nothing Because They Moved ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ to the White House May 23, 2013
- O'Reilly More Likely Than Obama to Have 'Sex Slaves,' Randi Rhodes Rants May 23, 2013
- Alec Baldwin: IRS scandal ‘has a whiff of Breitbart’ May 24, 2013
- Fire + whitewash + P.C. = Riots in Sweden by mysterious ‘youths’ May 24, 2013
- Benghazi talking points scrubber promoted at State Department May 24, 2013
- Wow: UCLA surgeons live-tweet brain surgery [Vine videos] May 24, 2013
- Boy Scouts’ lifting of ban on gay scouts wins measured praise; Gov. Rick Perry ‘greatly disappointed’ May 23, 2013
- Senate Unanimously Approves Sen. David Vitter’s Really Stupid, Possibly Racist Farm Bill Amendment May 24, 2013
- Nancy Grace’s Bewildered Reaction To Jodi Arias Hung Jury: ‘The Verdict Is There Is No Verdict!’ May 24, 2013
- Mark Levin Tears Into Obama: ‘Flat-Out, Bald-Faced Lie’ That He Knew Nothing About IRS Targeting May 24, 2013
- Marc Lamont Hill Clashes With Bill O’Reilly Over IRS Scandal, Obama’s ‘Very Dangerous Foreign Policy’ May 24, 2013
- ‘Operation Swill’: Untold Number Of NJ Patrons Served Rubbing Alcohol, Dirty Water, According To Investigation May 24, 2013
- Will: Courts slow administration lawlessness May 24, 2013
- AG Holder personally authorized Fox News surveillance May 23, 2013
- IRS and military: unlikely to scale back any time soon May 23, 2013
- Remarks of President Barack Obama – As Prepared for Delivery: The Future of our Fight against Terrorism May 23, 2013
- Target of London machete attack identified as 25-year-old father with a 2-year-old son May 23, 2013
- Robert Redford, the Terrorist Sympathizer May 23, 2013
- Schumer, Franken scurry from questions about IRS scandal May 23, 2013
- Harrison Ford – Pollution Pimp! May 7, 2013
- Journalist Accosted By Security Over Mayor Bloomberg Gun Control April 26, 2013
- Messina: Obama Never Attacked Fox News, Rush March 22, 2013
- "The Needs of the Many": Is "Star Trek Into Darkness" an Anti-Bush Movie? (Updated) May 23, 2013
- One Year Ago May 17, 2013
- Untangling Michelle Goldberg’s Confused Thinking on Abortion May 13, 2013
- Gosnell Found Guilty! (Updated with Details on the Verdict) May 13, 2013
- The IRS’s Selective Investigations and Non-Investigations May 12, 2013
- Fairfax Free Citizen Thought The VA GOP Convention A Blast May 24, 2013
- LIVE AT FIVE: 05.23.13 May 23, 2013
- Liberals Now Arguing for a Lesbian’s Right to Have Sex With a 14-Year-Old Girl May 23, 2013
- An Ode To Lois Lerner: “Blown Snow” May 22, 2013
- ‘We Must Fight Them as They Fight Us,’ Says Terrorist Who Beheaded Soldier May 22, 2013
- Thank you, Museum of Communism June 21, 2012
- Canada, A New Addition To The Family Of Civilized Nations June 21, 2012
- Thanks, And An Update On The Status Of The Velvet Revolution Project June 18, 2012
- The Aaron Worthing Case Has Been Dismissed! June 16, 2012
- Freedom (or: a Velvet Revolution) Begins at Home June 16, 2012
- The Effect of Tax Increases and Spending Cuts on Economic Growth May 23, 2013
- The Conservative Welfare State May 23, 2013
- Why Government Shouldn't Lower the BAC Bar for Drunk Driving May 23, 2013
- WikiLeaks, Assange & the End of Secrecy: Alex Gibney on "We Steal Secrets" May 23, 2013
- Dear Graduates: Tyranny Is Right Around the Corner May 23, 2013
- So I Applied To Start A NOW Chapter May 23, 2013
- Fired Over IRS Facebook Post: Larry Conners Speaks Out May 23, 2013
- Check Out This Press Release From The IRS’s Union May 23, 2013
- KMOV FB Page SLAMMED After Firing Larry Conners Over Facebook Post May 23, 2013
- Tolerance Strikes Again May 23, 2013
- Issa’s panel inching closer to asking for Hillary Clinton’s testimony on Benghazi May 24, 2013
- Mark Levin Tears Into Obama: ‘Flat-Out, Bald-Faced Lie’ That He Knew Nothing About IRS Targeting May 24, 2013
- Joe Biden On Jeopardy May 24, 2013
- As Pro-Terrorist Activist Heckles Obama, He Praises Her: ‘The Voice Of That Woman Is Worth Listening To’ May 24, 2013
- DOD: Code Pink Heckler Got Into Obama Speech By Pretending To Be Reporter May 24, 2013
- Report: Holder Personally Signed Off On Warrant Allowing DOJ To Search Fox Reporter’s Emails… May 24, 2013
- Huffington Post Calls For Eric Holder To Go… May 24, 2013
- No Joke: Obama Promotes State Department Official Who Scrubbed Benghazi Talking Points Of References To Al-Qaeda… May 24, 2013
- BREAKING: Report Says IRS Has Placed Lois Lerner On Administrative Leave – Update: Refused To Resign… May 24, 2013
- Top Obama Adviser David Plouffe Calls Fellow Dem Lanny Davis A “Blowhard” For Criticizing WH General Counsel’s Handling Of IRS Scandal… May 24, 2013
- EDITORIAL: One law for us, another for you California’s legislative hypocrisy a failure of democracy May 24, 2013
- Outgoing LA mayor Villaraigosa is broke May 24, 2013
- Watergate-Era Judiciary Chief of Staff: Hillary Clinton Fired for Lies, Unethical Behavior May 24, 2013
- Biden: Jews doing super job with the media May 23, 2013
- Holder OK’d search warrant for Fox News reporter’s private emails, official says May 23, 2013
- TX Deputy James Boyd Shot 3 Times By Evan Ebel But Survives ~> Graphic Video May 24, 2013
- John Roberts ~> Fox News ~> Your Secret is Out !!! ~> Wake Up America ! Your Freedom at Risk ~> Video May 23, 2013
- Megyn Kelly Drills Obama Over Scandals w/2 Panels ~> Full Videos May 22, 2013
- Issa ~> Lerner Waived Right to 5th ~> Will Recall ~> Full Report May 22, 2013
- Jaw-Dropper ~> MSNBC's Chuck Todd ~> Obama Wants to Criminalize Journalism ~> Shocking Video May 22, 2013
- Ben Swann On Hannity Tonight - Video! May 23, 2013
- The Story of the IRS scandal that Establishment Republicans didn't want anyone to say out loud, is said out loud. May 23, 2013
- A new 'smart rifle' decides when to shoot and rarely misses May 23, 2013
- SCG Masterpiece: The Best Kept Secrets of the Dollar May 23, 2013
- Rand Paul: 'Audit the Fed' - CNBC 5/22/2013 May 23, 2013
- George Zimmerman's Lawyer Wants Jurors To See Photos Of Handgun, Pot Plants Found On Trayvon Martin's Cell Phone May 23, 2013
- Pennsylvania Couple Got All Stabby During Argument Over "American Idol" Finale May 23, 2013
- Mom Has Child Busted For Theft Of Her Pop-Tarts May 23, 2013
- Cops: California Woman Bit Her Husband's Scrotum During Dispute Over Rodeo Departure May 23, 2013
- IRS Worker Used Federal Plastic For Amazon Buys May 21, 2013
- Holder OK’d search warrant for Fox News reporter’s private emails, official says
- Solar plane sets distance record on U.S. tour
- Japan market plunge sparks global sell-off; U.S. stocks dip, rebound
- Sweden riots expose ugly side of ‘Nordic model’
- Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- Broken Heart: How Splits Affect Your Health (VIDEO) May 24, 2013
- A.G. Lafley Brought Back As Procter & Gamble CEO May 24, 2013
- Can Gay Catholics Find A Home In The Catholic Church? May 24, 2013
- Ariana Grande And Jai Brooks Are The Cutest Teen Celeb Couple Ever May 24, 2013
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10: What The Future Holds For Arizona And Callie May 24, 2013
- Epidemic Hazard – Colombia, Municipality of Garzon , Garzon : Acute respiratory infection May 23, 2013
- Biological Hazard – State of Arizona, [Graham County] : Hantavirus May 23, 2013
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack May 23, 2013
- Spokane man indicted in ricin threat May 23, 2013
- Epidemic Hazard – State of Alabama, Dothan [Southeast Alabama Medical Center] : U.S. and state health authorities are investigating an unidentified respiratory illness that has killed two of 10 people hospitalized with it in Alabama since last week UPDATE May 23, 2013
- Timothy J. Corcoran (16) Missing From St Louis County, MO May 17, 2013
- Three women who have been missing for a decade, found ALIVE just a few miles from where they lived (HUFFINGTONPOST) May 7, 2013
- Authorities in Florida and Louisiana Have Issued An Alert For Two Children Abducted By Their Non Custodial Parents (UPDATED!) April 17, 2013
- Several Unidentified Females Found In 2009 In Pima County, AZ April 15, 2013
- Paige Aiello, NJ College Student Missing Since Tuesday After Her Purse Was Found On The George Washington Bridge April 12, 2013
Daily Archives: October 24, 2012
NEW ORLEANS (WAFB) -
Federal agents seized 795 counterfeit items as the merchandise being shipped to New Orleans.
The items include fake NFL jerseys, NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL hats and counterfeit designer bags.
Agents with Homeland Security Investigations were able to intercept the shipment as it was being brought into the U.S. from overseas.
No arrests were made.
BAKER, LA (WAFB) -
It took just a few hours for the mystery of the military photo found in a parking lot in Baker, LA to be solved; well, mostly solved.
Patty Goudeau found the photo in the parking lot of the DMV. There were no identifying marks on the obviously old photo, but the name Grady was written on the back. Goudeau has family members in the military, and says she felt it was her duty to make sure his photo was returned to him or his family.
The man’s family contacted WAFB after he saw the story during the 6 o’clock news. They say the man’s name is Grady J. Robinson, and he was from Central, LA. Mr. Robinson was in the Navy and fought in World War II. He died in August of 1993 at the age of 67.
Mr. Robinson’s family is grateful Goudeau saved the photo, but they have no idea how it ended up in the parking lot of the Baker DMV.
BAYOU CORNE, LA (WAFB) -
Two new drilling wells are being installed near the Bayou Corne sinkhole site. SHAW has already installed three wells east and west of the site and will be putting another one on its property not far from there.
Assumption Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness officials say the wells will be used to vent off more gas.
GONZALES, LA (WAFB) -
After 61 years of not knowing what happened to their loved one, the family of Joseph William “J.W.” Fontenot is now able to lay their loved one to rest.
In February 1951, Fontenot was assigned to the 2nd Infantry Division when he was captured by enemy forces near Saemal, South Korea. He reportedly died June, 28 1951, while in captivity at Camp 1 near Changsong, North Korea.
Fontenot was 20 years old. He was from Whitehall, Louisiana and was assigned to the Army’s Company L, 3rd Battalion, 38th Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division in Fort Louis, Washington. He was a Corporal.
Before joining the service, Fontenot was a strawberry farmer, along with his father, in Whitehall, LA.
His family spent the last 61 years not knowing where he was and if his body would ever be located.
In 1954, United Nations and Communist Forces exchanged the remains of war dead in what came to be called “Operation Glory.” Among the remains that were turned over at that time were remains of servicemen who had died in Camp 1.
All of the remains recovered in Operation Glory were turned over to the Army Central Identification Unit for analysis. Those which were unable to be identified with the technology at that time were interred as unknowns at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii.
“I couldn’t ask for a better day,” says Fontenot’s Sister Barbara Fontenot Noel. “The weather’s beautiful and my brother is home. He was just so happy and when he left in 1951 we got this telegram that said he had died. So we have been waiting for this for a long time.”
A Harvey teenager was arrested and booked with attempted second-degree murder for allegedly opening fire at an acquaintance after asking for a ride. Kelford “Bookie” Francis Jr., 17, of 1621 Ester St., was booked with use of a firearm in connection with drug activity, according to Glen T. Boyd, spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting occurred about 9:15 p.m. on Oct. 16. The unidentified victim told investigators that Francis and another 17-year-old appeared at his home and asked for a ride to “Old Harvey,” a dead end of Brown Avenue in Harvey, a Sheriff’s Office incident report said.
The victim agreed to take the boys. He stopped in the 1000 block of Brown, and the unidentified teenager got out of the vehicle. However, Francis allegedly pulled out a black pistol, pointed at the back of the victim’s head and fired. But the victim spotted the gun and was able to duck, escaping harm, Boyd said.
The New Orleans Police Departmentarrested a 15-year-old boy who robbed several people of their Apple iPhones at gunpoint in theMarigny and the French Quarter on Tuesday night. The juvenile is suspected of three separate incidents, the first of which was at 7:27 p.m. in the 1100 block of Royal Street, police said.
Police say the youth brandished a black revolver, approached a 60-year-old woman, demanded her phone, then snatched it and fled. Seven minutes later, he allegedly went up to a 39-year-old man sitting on the steps of a home in the 2100 block of North Rampart Street and asked for the time.
When the man pulled out his phone to check, the boy pulled his gun, took the phone and ran off, police said. Then, at 9:30 p.m., the suspect walked up to a 31-year-old man and 27-year-old woman who were taking photographs in the 600 block of Frenchmen Street.
Police said the boy drew the revolver and ordered the victims to surrender an iPhone, which they did before he left. NOPD detectives tracked the stolen phones to the 5300 block of Urquhart Street.
They spotted the teenager there and took him into custody. Police said they recovered the handgun believed to have been used in the robberies.
KALB News Channel 5 (@KALBtv5) October 25, 2012
POLLOCK, La. – A prisoner escaped from work detail at U.S. Penitentiary in Pollock Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Grant Parish Sheriff’s Office, deputies were notified at 12 p.m. Wednesday that Craig Boudreaux, 33, escaped from the penitentiary’s grounds.
Boudreaux is described as a white man, 6-feet tall, weighting 200 pounds, who has tattoos on his body. Authorities say on his right arm, he has tattoos from his shoulder to his elbows. On his left arm, Boudreaux has a large tribal art tattoo on his left bicep, with his back also completely covered with tattoos.
If you have any information on Boudreaux’s whereabouts, call Grant Parish Sheriff’s Office at 318.627.3261.
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Two off-duty Florida law-enforcement officers fatally shot an armed, naked woman who confronted them at a social gathering Saturday, authorities said.
The shooting occurred at about 1:15 p.m. Saturday in Hernando County, north of Tampa. The county sheriff’s office said in a news release that the men were approached by an “armed, naked and irrational female.” The news release does not identify the weapon, but it says “one or both of the law enforcement officers fired their weapons, striking the female.” She died at the scene.
Both officers have been placed on administrative leave as the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigates the shooting in the Spring Hill community.
Authorities have identified the officers as Hernando County sheriff’s Detective Rocky Howard and Tampa police officer William Mechler, who have served six and four years, respectively. Tampa police say Mechler was “off duty and acting in the capacity of a private citizen.”
Lt. Cinda Moore, a spokeswoman for the Hernando sheriff’s office, said in an email late Saturday that she could not immediately identify the woman or disclose the weapon she was carrying. She said she also could not comment on what the woman specifically said or did or whether she was told to drop the weapon, explaining that the FDLE is leading the investigation.
The Hernando County sheriff’s office does permit the carrying of service weapons when off-duty, she said.
A person hunting arrow heads found a human skull west of Merryville in Beauregard Parish Tuesday, and now officials are working with a forensic unit to unravel the mystery.