- 209,635 Page Views
Most Viewed Posts
- Baton Rouge, LA: Rapper Samuel Nicholas A.K.A. "Mista Cain" wanted for murder
- THE SCANDAL GROWS: David Petraeus mistress sent menacing e-mails to mystery woman she feared would cause affair-trouble
- Baton Rouge, LA: Man Clings to Hood of Truck | Pleads with Woman to Call the Police
- Woman gunned down in front of Algiers church just before 30th birthday
- Gretna Man Says He Was Humiliated During Strip Search
- Stacey Blount indicted in carjacking and murder of Shreveport nurse Rose Gonzaque Coleman
- Pair arrested in New Orleans for alleged sex trafficking of underage girls
- Serial killing suspect: Felix Vail collected on wife's life insurance, didn't pay for burial
- Retired 4 star admiral blows whistle on Benghazi - Bungled Kidnapping/Hostage Exchange "October Surprise"
- McConnell 'Undecided' About Immigration Bill May 23, 2013On Wednesday morning, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) appeared on Fox News to discuss his decision to allow a floor debate on the immigration reform bill from the so-called Gang of 8. “I’m undecided about the bill but I’m not undecided about the problem. The border is not secure and we need to fix it. I’ve not decided yet whether this is the bi […]
- Cruz: I Don't Trust Republicans' May 23, 2013
- WATCH: Marine F-35B Executes First Vertical Takeoff May 23, 2013
- Congressman Duffy Grills Sec Lew On IRS Scandal May 23, 2013
- MUST WATCH: Heated Megyn Kelly Interview With Gosnell Attorney May 23, 2013
- McConnell 'Undecided' About Immigration Bill May 23, 2013
- ISSA TO HAUL LERNER BACK BEFORE COMMITTEE... May 23, 2013ISSA TO HAUL LERNER BACK BEFORE COMMITTEE...(Top headline, 1st story, link)Related stories:'Waived her fifth amendment rights' by giving opening statement...IRS internal investigation ended 6 months before '12 election, was hidden from Congress...Dem warns of special prosecutor...
- 'Waived her fifth amendment rights' by giving opening statement... May 23, 2013'Waived her fifth amendment rights' by giving opening statement...(Top headline, 2nd story, link)Related stories:ISSA TO HAUL LERNER BACK BEFORE COMMITTEE...IRS internal investigation ended 6 months before '12 election, was hidden from Congress...Dem warns of special prosecutor...
- IRS internal investigation ended 6 months before '12 election, was hidden from Congress... May 23, 2013IRS internal investigation ended 6 months before '12 election, was hidden from Congress...(Top headline, 3rd story, link)Related stories:ISSA TO HAUL LERNER BACK BEFORE COMMITTEE...'Waived her fifth amendment rights' by giving opening statement...Dem warns of special prosecutor...
- Dem warns of special prosecutor... May 23, 2013Dem warns of special prosecutor...(Top headline, 4th story, link)Related stories:ISSA TO HAUL LERNER BACK BEFORE COMMITTEE...'Waived her fifth amendment rights' by giving opening statement...IRS internal investigation ended 6 months before '12 election, was hidden from Congress...
- LONDON SHOCK May 23, 2013LONDON SHOCK(Main headline, 1st story, link)
- ISSA TO HAUL LERNER BACK BEFORE COMMITTEE... May 23, 2013
- Government Acknowledges Drone Strikes Killed 4 Americans Since 2009 May 23, 2013In a letter to a top senator, Attorney General Eric Holder discloses that four US citizens have been killed in counter-terrorism drone strikes since 2009, in the Obama administration's first public acknowledgement of the previously classified information.READ: Holder's Letter to Congressional LeadersObama to Announce Plan to Lift Ban on Sending Gua […]
- EVASIVE ANSWERS?IRS Official Facing More Scrutiny Over Scandal, Past May 23, 2013Lawmakers Voice Frustration as IRS Official Refuses to Testify, Others Reveal Little on ScandalVIDEO: 'I Did Nothing Wrong' STIREWALT: Obama Pleads Inefficacy on ScandalsOPINION: Chicago-Style Politics on Full Display in IRS, Other Scandals
- DOJ FOX HUNT: Agency Seized Phone Records Tied to Fox News May 23, 2013Justice Department Affidavit Labels Fox News Journalist as Possible 'Co-Conspirator'READ: Court Document With Fox News Numbers
- DOJ FOX HUNT: Agency Seized Phone Records Tied to Fox News May 23, 2013DOJ Used 'Espionage Act' in Calling Fox News Reporter Criminal 'Co-Conspirator'READ: Court Document With Fox NumbersOPINION: Assault on First Amendment Needs to StopJudge Apologizes for Lag in Unsealing Documents in Leak Case
- 'WILL NEVER BE SAFE':Muslim Terrorists Hack Man to Death in London May 23, 2013VIDEO: Graphic Clip Shows Suspect in Aftermath of London Attack Florida Man Killed by FBI Agent Reportedly Had Link to Boston Bomber, Triple Murder Boston Bombing Victims Urged to Apply for Funds
- Government Acknowledges Drone Strikes Killed 4 Americans Since 2009 May 23, 2013
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes May 22, 2013
- 3rd grader who loved to sing among tornado victims May 22, 2013
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday May 22, 2013
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears May 22, 2013
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe May 22, 2013
- Jodi Arias jury remains deadlocked over death sentence May 23, 2013PHOENIX (Reuters) - Convicted killer Jodi Arias feels betrayed by an Arizona jury that found her guilty of murdering her ex-boyfriend, according to an interview aired on Wednesday shortly before that same jury became deadlocked over whether to sentence her to death.
- Texas lawmakers OK drug tests for some unemployment applicants May 23, 2013AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas came a step closer to requiring some applicants for unemployment benefits to first undergo drug testing, when lawmakers gave final approval to a Republican-backed bill mandating such checks on Wednesday.
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived May 23, 2013MOORE, Oklahoma (Reuters) - Tornado survivors thanked God, sturdy closets and luck in explaining how they lived through the colossal twister that devastated an Oklahoma town and killed 24 people, an astonishingly low toll given the extent of destruction.
- Military lawyers urge Hagel to improve Guantanamo conditions May 23, 2013MIAMI (Reuters) - Military and civilian lawyers for prisoners at the Guantanamo naval base urged U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to improve conditions for detainees, putting more pressure on the Obama administration to make good its promise to close the camp.
- Chicago board approves largest school closing May 23, 2013CHICAGO (Reuters) - The Chicago Board of Education voted on Wednesday to close 50 schools - including about 10 percent of all elementary schools - in the largest mass school closing in the nation.
- Jodi Arias jury remains deadlocked over death sentence May 23, 2013
- A Killing Puts UK on Guard for Terror - Wall Street Journal May 23, 2013New York TimesA Killing Puts UK on Guard for TerrorWall Street JournalOne person has died and at least two people were wounded in a violent attack near a military training barracks in London, as Prime Minister David Cameron called an emergency meeting in response. Cassell Bryan-Low reports. LONDON—The gruesome ...'Barbaric Attack' in London Prompts […]
- US acknowledges killing of four US citizens in counterterrorism operations - Washington Post May 23, 2013The AtlanticUS acknowledges killing of four US citizens in counterterrorism operationsWashington PostThe Obama administration acknowledged Wednesday that it has killed four Americans in overseas counterterrorism operations since 2009, the first time it has publicly taken responsibility for the deaths. Although the acknowledgment, contained in a letter from . […]
- Official: Dead Boston bombings suspect involved in 2011 slayings - CNN May 23, 2013U.S. News & World ReportOfficial: Dead Boston bombings suspect involved in 2011 slayingsCNN(CNN) -- Deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev participated in a 2011 gruesome triple homicide outside Boston along with a Chechen killed early Wednesday during a confrontation with the FBI and Massachusetts State Police in ...Deadly End to FBI […]
- A Killing Puts UK on Guard for Terror - Wall Street Journal May 23, 2013
- Frefighters unprepared for Texas blast May 23, 2013A report shows responders didn't adequately train for the situation.
- What's next for the immigration bill? May 22, 2013It seeks to legalize most of the country's 11 million unauthorized residents.
- Youth violence in Stockholm shock Sweden May 22, 2013Hundreds of youth have torched cars and attacked police in four nights of riots in immigrant suburbs of Sweden's capital, shocking a country that dodged the worst of the financial crisis but failed to solve youth unemployment and resentment among asylum seekers.
- Cruise industry adopts passenger bill of rights May 22, 2013It promises full refunds for trips that are canceled due to mechanical failure.
- Heffernan: Latest tax dodge dulls Apple's luster May 22, 2013Even teens who once craved iPhones are turning on the company.
- Frefighters unprepared for Texas blast May 23, 2013
- The remarkable courage of teachers May 22, 2013Second-grade teacher Tammy Glasgow walks around what's left of Briarwood Elementary, struggling to pick out of its wreckage the things that once made a school.
- Is our suffering God's will? May 22, 2013Two decades ago, Joshua Prager was one of more than 20 people affected by a bus crash; the writer revisits the scene to find out how others have made sense of the event
- Immigration agent unions go 'rogue' May 22, 2013Welcome to the chaotic Department of Homeland Security.
- 9 myths about drones and Guantanamo May 22, 2013On Thursday, President Barack Obama is scheduled to deliver a major speech in Washington about his administration's counterterrorism policies, focusing on the rationale and legal framework for the controversial CIA drone program and his plans to wind down the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay.
- Creator tells us how to pronounce 'GIF' May 22, 2013We can't settle iPhone vs. Android or "Star Wars" vs. "Star Trek" for you. But another long-running geek debate was put to rest Tuesday night.
- The remarkable courage of teachers May 22, 2013
- US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drone Strikes May 23, 2013
- 6 Still Missing Amid Tornado Damage May 23, 2013Six adults remain unaccounted for after the devastating tornado that tore through Moore, Okla., Monday, killing 24 people and destroying as many as 13,000 homes, officials said today.
- Florida Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Boston Murder Confession: Officials May 23, 2013The man shot dead by an FBI agent in Orlando, Florida early today was "about to sign a statement" admitting to a role, along with Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, in an unsolved triple murder in Massachusetts in 2011, according to two people with direct knowledge of the case.
- Ex-Miss America May Face McConnell May 23, 2013Ashley Judd may not be running for U.S. Senate in Kentucky, but another possible candidate is thinking about taking on Mitch McConnell and she has some local star power of her own: Former Miss America Heather French Henry. French Henry, who was crowned Miss America in 2000...
- Men in 80s Vie for Everest Record May 23, 2013Two octogenarian climbers are facing off once again to earn the title of the oldest man to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drone Strikes May 23, 2013
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory May 22, 2013Holly Williams tours a factory in Bangladesh, finding unsafe conditions and child workers
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters May 22, 2013Moore mom furious to find out her daughters had to hide in bathroom during massive twister; official says they're costly
- Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack May 22, 2013Knife-wielding suspect seen on camera after violence near military barracks
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack May 22, 2013A man with bloodied hands and knives appears in amateur video that shows the immediate aftermath of an attack in southeast London
- Shocking attack in England May 22, 2013One person dead and two injured in shocking East London attack
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory May 22, 2013
- ‘A hot meal can make people cry’: BBQ volunteers comfort Oklahoma victims May 23, 2013The cooks flipping meat on grills or sweating behind smokers at barbecue competitions are all about seasoning, basting, charring — and being the best. This week, though, these maestros of meat are putting their competitive nature aside to bring comfort to Oklahoma with classic American cuisine.As soon as news of the tornado broke, dozens of them requested va […]
- Tornado birth: Mom endures labor as twister destroys hospital May 23, 2013When a devastating tornado touched down in Moore, Okla., on Monday afternoon, Shayla Taylor was on the upper floor of the local hospital, in active labor with her second child.As the floor shook “like an earthquake” beneath her and ceiling tiles and insulation fell overhead, the 25-year-old huddled with four nurses, braving both the peak contractions of chil […]
- While Oklahoma staggers, Joplin marks 2 years after its own tornado May 22, 2013While Oklahoma begins to clean up after a ferocious tornado, the site of one of the worst twisters in American history — Joplin, Mo., a little more than 200 miles away — marked a solemn anniversary Wednesday.On May 22, 2011, a tornado all but wiped Joplin off the map. The twister killed 161 people, injured more than 1,000 and wrought almost $3 billion worth […]
- Fungus found in your nose, in the goop between your toes May 22, 2013Government researchers have just done the first genetic survey of all the fungi that live on our skin. Their findings? They’re in your ears, they’re in your nose and, yes, they are in the goop between your toes.Humans are covered with hundreds of different types of fungus, the team at the National Institutes of Health found. What’s surprising is that one fa […]
- Post-tornado peril: Victims could face deadly fungal infections May 22, 2013Doctors treating victims hurt badly in Monday’s devastating Moore, Okla., tornado should be alert for a rare but deadly complication of wind-whipped debris: fungal infections like those that killed five people after the Joplin, Mo., twister in 2011.That’s the word from government experts in fungal infections, who documented 13 serious cases of necrotizing cu […]
- ‘A hot meal can make people cry’: BBQ volunteers comfort Oklahoma victims May 23, 2013
- Houston Grand Opera Embraces Multicultural Chorus of Community Stories May 22, 2013
- A Big Step Towards Comprehensive Immigration Reform May 22, 2013
- Line Between Social Welfare, Politics Plays Into Confusion on Tax-Exemption Law May 22, 2013
- News Wrap: Four Americans Killed By Drones Since 2009, Says Obama Administration May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin on Immediate Needs, Future Safety Provisions May 22, 2013
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor May 22, 2013
- Councilman sentenced in Hallum case May 22, 2013
- General Motors recalling Cadillac SUVs to tighten wheels May 22, 2013
- Hay, wheat, corn take beating from Arkansas rains May 22, 2013
- Former Michigan governor to headline Arkansas event May 22, 2013
- Forecastle Festival 2013 expecting record attendance of 75,000 May 22, 2013
- Peregrine falcon chicks at New Albany power plant get ID bands May 23, 2013
- University of Louisville plans tuition increase of 3 percent for fall semester May 23, 2013
- New animal shelter director to start next month in Jeffersonville May 23, 2013
- End of school bittersweet for Clarksville High seniors May 22, 2013
- Man sentenced in Biloxi prostitution, immigration case May 22, 2013
- Biloxi commemoration celebrates 50 years of beach desegregation May 22, 2013
- Moss Point police re-open investigation into 2006 double murder May 22, 2013
- Jury in Arias trial adjourns for day after impasse May 22, 2013
- BP protester settles suit alleging retaliation May 22, 2013
- Analysis: Lumumba won 5 of 7 wards, fueled by black support May 22, 2013
- Mississippians share stories from Okla. tornado May 22, 2013
- JPD officer, man exchange assault accusations over incident in Edwards May 22, 2013
- Canton mayoral runoff: Newcomer Bolden wins Dem nod over incumbent Truly May 22, 2013
- Listen to dramatic rescue of Oklahoma students trapped in school after tornado May 22, 2013
- Some Hutto water rates to increase by 15 percent May 23, 2013
- Biscoe to chose new commissioner by May 23, 2013
- Affordable housing, height at issue in 96-foot planned high-rise near Lady Bird Lake May 23, 2013
- Hasan seeking to represent himself at Fort Hood court-martial May 22, 2013
- Community News: Round Rock library hosts free film, free BBQ; Hays County hospital offers free heart screenings for student-athletes May 22, 2013
- Breaking News Man shot to death at Southlake Town Square May 23, 2013
- Texas Senates emergency spending bill taps $3.93 billion of rainy day fund May 22, 2013
- Punishment Phase Continues in Dallas Drowning Trial May 22, 2013
- Dallas City Council OKs long-range plan for Valley View-Galleria area May 22, 2013
- Contract approved to turn Continental Avenue Bridge into pedestrian- and bike-friendly route May 22, 2013
- May 8: Mid-County / Port Arthur Enterprise
- State seeks Galveston judge's removal State seeks Galveston judge's removal Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 2:29 pm, Wednesday, May 22, 2013 GALVESTON - The Texas Attorney General's Office is seeking the removal of a Galveston County judge in a civil lawsuit fil […]
- Boy Scout leaders to vote on lifting gay ban Boy Scout leaders to vote on lifting gay ban Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 1:41 pm, Wednesday, May 22, 2013 On Thursday, they plan to open the first of the ballots cast on whether to allow homosexual Boy Scouts. Scouting officials hav […]
- Parts of U.S. 69 to close Wednesday night for repairs Parts of U.S. 69 to close Wednesday night for repairs Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 1:21 pm, Wednesday, May 22, 2013 TxDOT: The northbound lane of U.S. 69 between Interstate 10 and the LNVA Canal will be closed from 8 p.m. Wedne […]
- Hardin Co. man indicted for sex with minor Hardin Co. man indicted for sex with minor Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 1:16 pm, Wednesday, May 22, 2013 A 20-year-old was recently indicted on allegations that he had sex with a young girl in an abandoned Sour Lake home. The H […]
- Baby steps for a bull rider May 16, 2013Beau chute.jpg Related Gallery: Beau Schroeder Baby steps for a bull rider Nome rodeo star back in the chute Less than two months after 25-year-old Nome native and rodeo star Beau Schroeder felt the wrath of an animal named 800 Night Moves, Beau sat on a bull again — the first time he had done so since an accident left him with a torn trachea and two collap […]
- Kountze run-through banners constitutional May 16, 2013Kountze1-web_1.jpg Almost a year after a group of Kountze High School students sparked a national debate when they made high school run-through banners with Bible verses for Friday night football games, Judge Steven Thomas’ 356th District Court in Hardin County officially ruled last week that the girls can have their religious banners. read more […]
- Teen pleads guilty to assaulting two Port Arthur educators May 16, 2013Trahan-Jaylon-Marquis-07-06-95.jpg An 18-year-old Port Arthur man pleaded guilty Monday, May 13, to two counts of assault on a public servant after attacking two teachers in what the victims say was a violent and brutal display of aggression at Memorial High School in Port Arthur. read more
- Port Arthur mayor wins re-election May 16, 2013Prince,-Bobbie.jpg Although the turnout for Port Arthur elections wasn’t as large as 2010, which saw 4,241 total votes cast for mayor, the result was the same with the incumbent Deloris “Bobbie” Prince retaining her seat as mayor for a third straight three-year term. According to City of Port Arthur election result data, only 3,244 votes were cast for mayor […]
- City of Orange welcomes two new council members May 16, 2013Ferguson-oath-1.jpg McKenna-oath-3.jpg At their meeting Tuesday, May 9, the Orange City Council swore in two new members who are taking over the council seats for Districts 2 and 4. Tommy Ferguson unseated District 2 incumbent Cullin Smith with the final vote tally standing at 353 to 224. Mary McKenna overtook incumbent Annette Pernell in a close race, winni […]
- Baby steps for a bull rider May 16, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Lightning sparks tank fire in Jefferson County May 22, 2013Port Arthur, Labelle-Fannett and firefighters with several other area agencies Wednesday morning responded to a fire that officials believe was caused by a lightning strike to a reserve oil tank.According to Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Rod Carroll, the fire started shortly before 8 a.m. at a tank located on Highway 73 near Labelle Roa […]
- Investigators say body found in Neches River is that of missing Beaumont man May 22, 2013A Spokesperson for the Orange County Sheriff's Office told 12News that investigators have identified a man whose body was found in the Neches River on May 5.
- Drying out May 22, 2013Upper-level high pressure will build over the area through the end of the week. Warm, dry weather conditions will result through the Memorial Day Weekend.
- Police identify man arrested following false claim of hostage situation at Beaumont school May 22, 2013A Beaumont Police Department spokesperson has identified a man police say called 911 and made a false report claiming a teacher was being held hostage by a student at the Pathways Learning Center located at 1800 Tulane St. in north Beaumont.
- This week's Jefferson County Sheriff's Office most wanted 5/20/2013 May 22, 2013This week's most wanted fugitives from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Lightning sparks tank fire in Jefferson County May 22, 2013
- Teens vow not to text and drive May 22, 2013BEAUMONT - By Justin Hinton, KFDM NewsTeens enrolled in Triangle Driving II, a driver training school in Beaumont, say they will not text and drive.âIt's terrible. I have a friend that got in a wreck texting and driving and she was in critical condition for a while, so it's just no,â said McKenna Morris, 15. ...
- Email included Lamar students' personal information May 22, 2013BEAUMONT-By: Leslie RangelLamar University confirms what it calls a security breach in which social security numbers belonging to hundreds of students were accidentally included in an email. LU is assuring students they should not worry about someone misusing the information. ...
- Pay it Forward: Pastor donates time to disaster relief efforts May 22, 2013VIDOR-By: Leslie RangelAs part of Channel 6's partnership with Cowboy Silsbee, this week's Pay it forward winner is a man from Vidor who donates his time to help during disaster relief. His name is Bruce Lockett, the pastor of First United Pentecostal Church in Vidor. ...
- Beaumont Police arrest man accused of making prank call that student was holding teacher at gunpoint May 22, 2013BEAUMONT - by Ashley Gaston - Officers with the Beaumont Police Department have charged 33-year-old Johnathon Clifton with making a call to the Pathways school in Beaumont and falsely reporting that a student was holding a gun to a teacher's head. Investigators say the false emergency call tie up first responders and keep them from real emergencies. ...
- Nederland student wins a new car from Philpott Motors for perfect attendance May 23, 2013NEDERLAND - It's a great way to end the school year. Nederland High School students who obtained perfect attendance were eligible for a free car. Philpott Mtors has hosted the annual car giveaway at Nederland High School for eleven years. Students who missed three or fewer days from school were eligible to win the car. ...
- Teens vow not to text and drive May 22, 2013
- Focus in Oklahoma Moves From Rescue to Recovery May 23, 2013
- Man Being Queried on Tsarnaev Ties Is Killed by Officer May 23, 2013
- Weiner Announces Candidacy for New York Mayor in Video May 23, 2013
- Fed Endorses Stimulus, but the Message Is Garbled May 23, 2013
- Officials Meet After Brutal Attack in Southeast London May 23, 2013
- GAMETRACKER: Yankees at Orioles May 22, 2013
- The moment a brave mother confronts knife-wielding thug May 22, 2013
- 'We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks' review May 22, 2013
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes May 22, 2013
- And the best and worst airlines in America are... May 22, 2013
- Kerry downplays Syria government's gains May 22, 2013
- Disgraced ex-congressman Anthony Weiner running for New York mayor May 22, 2013
- Pentagon faces another sex scandal May 22, 2013
- IRS' last two commissioners deny lying; official to take the 5th May 22, 2013
- Guatemala full of questions after genocide conviction annulled May 22, 2013
- ‘He had no pulse’: How a New Yorker saved the life of a Toronto lawyer who went into cardiac arrest on a busy street
- ‘We’re going to miss him’: Rob Ford sacked as head coach of Don Bosco football team
- Al-Qaeda-inspired Islamist terrorists slaughtered soldier ‘like a piece of meat’ in brutal murder
- Hand in hand, how best friends died as their school disintegrated in Oklahoma tornado
- Rob Ford remains silent on crack allegations as brother Doug Ford defends him
- Angela Merkel is Forbes' top woman again May 22, 2013
- White House admits four US citizens were killed by drone strikes May 22, 2013
- Telecoms company Cable & Wireless to quit UK after 140 years May 22, 2013
- Taking the fifth: how Lois Lerner of the IRS followed a well-trodden path | Tom McCarthy May 22, 2013
- US pushes Europe to amend arms embargo on Syrian rebels May 22, 2013
- Woman choked and raped by abusive ex-boyfriend after dispatcher informs her there are no cops to help her - and instead tells victim to just ask attacker to leave May 23, 2013
- 'He took the coward's way out': Victims' families furious after governor postpones execution of Chuck E Cheese killer saying he has doubts about death penalty May 23, 2013
- Woolwich attack: Moment heroic woman tries to remonstrate with knife-wielding 'soldier killer' before police arrived at scene May 23, 2013
- Oklahoma tornado 2013: Five tornado victims still missing after storm are found ALIVE May 23, 2013
- Sathwik Karnik, 12, wins 2013 National Geographic Bee by correctly naming farthest point from Earth's center May 23, 2013
- Postcard from... Ubeda May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma twister that hit Moore ‘more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb’ May 22, 2013
- FBI kills 'friend of Boston bomb suspects' during questioning in Florida May 22, 2013
- The joke’s on me – Chechen leader is double the trouble in online hoax May 22, 2013
- Costa Concordia captain, Francesco Schettino, to be tried for manslaughter May 22, 2013
- Jealous NYPD officer hacked fellow cops' email May 23, 2013
- ‘Was the machete supplied by William Hague?’ May 23, 2013
- Julian Assange sues US military over secrecy of Bradley Manning trial May 22, 2013
- ‘Never in his life would he attack anyone unprovoked’ – Todashev’s father May 22, 2013
- US government admits to killing four American citizens with drones May 22, 2013
- Rove: Obama 'Directly' Involved in Benghazi Lie; Scandals 'Corrosive' May 22, 2013
- Issa: IRS's Lerner May Have Waived Rights at Hearing May 22, 2013
- Obama Restarts Process to Move Guantanamo Prisoners May 22, 2013
- US Acknowledges Killing 4 Americans in Drone Strikes May 22, 2013
- Terrorism Expert: Slaughter of British Soldier Like Daniel Pearl Execution May 22, 2013
- Issa hasn’t recalled Lerner to testify, Lawyer says May 23, 2013
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe May 23, 2013
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber May 23, 2013
- USCIS union: Fake information ignored in immigration applications May 23, 2013
- Vote on pot shops could end lingering LA issue May 22, 2013
- Farmers and Property Rights: Conservation Compliance Should Not Be Connected to Crop Insurance May 22, 2013
- Top 10 To-Do List for the National Defense Authorization Act May 21, 2013
- Social Security Benefits and the Impact of the Chained CPI May 21, 2013
- U.N. Arms Trade Treaty: U.S. Decision to Sign Treaty Shows Review Process Was Rushed May 20, 2013
- Eight Questions for Transportation Secretary Nominee Anthony Foxx May 20, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A Timeline of Islamic Expansion In The Dark Ages May 22, 2013
- Barack Obama finally cops to ordering a drone strike on an American citizen… May 22, 2013
- Why Jindal is Right To Reject Medicaid Expansion May 22, 2013
- “Immigration Reform” and Political Parlance May 22, 2013
- Google Needs Extra Time to Spy on Your Kids May 22, 2013
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue May 23, 2013
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval May 23, 2013
- Senators warm to transportation nominee May 23, 2013
- Colo. governor delays convicted killer's execution May 23, 2013
- Facebook posts: Suit filed over vet's detention May 23, 2013
- And Straight From The White House May 22, 2013
- Issa: Lois Lerner Waived Her Right to Invoke the Fifth Amendment May 22, 2013
- MSNBC Analyst: Hey, Why Didn't Romney Make A Bigger Deal of the IRS Scandal Last Year? May 22, 2013
- Limited Immunity: The Smart Way to Go May 22, 2013
- Who Is Cindy Thomas? May 22, 2013
- Sen. Ted Cruz Refuses to Play the Game: ‘Let Me Be Clear, I Don’t Trust the Republicans’ May 23, 2013
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) May 23, 2013
- You Have to Laugh So You Don’t Cry: Folks in L.A. Apparently Have No Idea What’s Going on Within Their Own City Gov’t May 23, 2013
- ‘We’re Not Going to Tolerate It’: Colo. Sheriffs Unite to Block ‘Unenforceable’ Gun Control Legislation May 23, 2013
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It May 23, 2013
- Video: Dem Congressman rips IRS for abuses, threatens bringing in special prosecutor May 23, 2013
- Sebelius touts ObamaCare as a boon to graduates instead of the war on the young it actually is May 23, 2013
- Rothenberg: Forecast for Senate seats changing because of White House scandals May 23, 2013
- MSNBC contributor wonders: Why didn’t Romney make a bigger deal about the IRS scandal last year? May 22, 2013
- Gosnell attorney: Maybe a 16-week deadline for abortion and more regulation would be better May 22, 2013
- What a Difference a Scandal Switch Makes: Oversight Dems on Fire vs. ex-IRS Chief May 23, 2013
- West Point Blank: Oklahoma Tornado a Sobering Moment for the Nation May 22, 2013
- Is Obama the Latest Teflon Man? May 22, 2013
- Is Obamacare’s Fatal Flaw Taking Effect? May 22, 2013
- Immigration Bill Heads to Senate Floor May 22, 2013
- Dennis Miller: 'The American Media is in an Abusive Relationship With Obama' May 23, 2013
- MSNBC’s Finney On IRS Scandal: ‘Why Didn't Romney Make More Of A Big Deal Of It?’ May 23, 2013
- Gayle King to Tom Coburn: Deficit-Neutral Disaster Relief Risks 'Alienating Your Constituents' May 23, 2013
- Politico Reporter: IRS Targeting of Tea Party 'Easily Influenced' 2012 Election May 22, 2013
- IRS Charged With Unfair Scrutiny of Pro-Life Groups' Prayer Events, Protest Signs May 22, 2013
- National Review: IRS targeting adoptive parents for audit May 23, 2013
- Religion of peace? Steven Crowder video inspires death threats; ‘I hope you die choking on your blood’ May 23, 2013
- Out: Lady Gaga’s meat dress; In: Bret Baier’s Twizzlers tie May 22, 2013
- Zing! Obama admin forgot key factor of ‘most transparent admin evah’ May 22, 2013
- Occupy CPS holding vigil for children ‘killed’ by Rahm Emanuel, school board May 22, 2013
- O’Reilly Grills Bob Beckel: Why Are You Giving Obama Benefit Of The Doubt On IRS Scandal? May 23, 2013
- Tuesday Ratings: CNN’s Piers Morgan Beats MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow In Demo And Total Viewers May 22, 2013
- ‘Sending A Signal To Fox’: The Five Crew Asks Why Obama Admin Went After Rosen Leaks But Not NY Times May 22, 2013
- Jose Canseco Tweets Purported Rape Accuser’s Name And Phone Number May 22, 2013
- Eric Holder Admits For First Time That U.S. Killed 4 Americans With Drone Strikes May 22, 2013
- IRS targeting of tea party 'easily influenced' election May 23, 2013
- 'Religion of peace' May 23, 2013
- Can death give us a glimpse into the afterlife? May 23, 2013
- Iconic scientist insists God is foundational May 23, 2013
- Performance 'art' goes completely bonkers May 23, 2013
- Obama May Survive, but Scandals a Blow to Left May 23, 2013
- British soldier beheaded in Islamist machete attack May 22, 2013
- ETF Talk: CROP Offers Agribusiness Exposure May 22, 2013
- Making Money Alert: The Fed Keeps Feeding the Bull May 22, 2013
- Coulter: When did we vote to become Mexico? May 22, 2013
- Harrison Ford – Pollution Pimp! May 7, 2013
- Journalist Accosted By Security Over Mayor Bloomberg Gun Control April 26, 2013
- Messina: Obama Never Attacked Fox News, Rush March 22, 2013
- Dem Congresswoman admits handgun ban next: March 11, 2013
- Lib lawmaker not so sure about Obamacare now March 4, 2013
- One Year Ago May 17, 2013
- Untangling Michelle Goldberg’s Confused Thinking on Abortion May 13, 2013
- Gosnell Found Guilty! (Updated with Details on the Verdict) May 13, 2013
- The IRS’s Selective Investigations and Non-Investigations May 12, 2013
- How Ariel Castro May Have Violated the Constitution May 10, 2013
- Liberals Now Arguing for a Lesbian’s Right to Have Sex With a 14-Year-Old Girl May 23, 2013
- An Ode To Lois Lerner: “Blown Snow” May 22, 2013
- ‘We Must Fight Them as They Fight Us,’ Says Terrorist Who Beheaded Soldier May 22, 2013
- Doug Shulman: IRS Fall Guy? May 22, 2013
- Was Chechen Man Shot by FBI in Florida a Suspect in 2011 Waltham Triple Murder? May 22, 2013
- Thank you, Museum of Communism June 21, 2012
- Canada, A New Addition To The Family Of Civilized Nations June 21, 2012
- Thanks, And An Update On The Status Of The Velvet Revolution Project June 18, 2012
- The Aaron Worthing Case Has Been Dismissed! June 16, 2012
- Freedom (or: a Velvet Revolution) Begins at Home June 16, 2012
- Tolerance Strikes Again May 23, 2013
- BREAKING: KMOV Fires Larry Conners *UPDATED May 22, 2013
- Lois Lerner Attorney: Purpose Of Hearing Is Just “To Embarrass Or Burden Her” May 22, 2013
- Update On Moore, Oklahoma Donation May 22, 2013
- VOLUNTEERS, DONATIONS NEEDED May 21, 2013
- Military Suddenly Suffers Wave Of Violent Sex Assaults By Homosexuals May 23, 2013
- Judge Apologizes For Lack Of Transparency In James Rosen Leak Probe May 23, 2013
- The Coward Factor: O’Reilly Crumbles Under Beckel Bellow, Reaches Nonsensical Conclusion Without Evidence: I Don’t Think Obama Ordered IRS Targeting May 23, 2013
- Former IRS Head: ‘Really Can’t Recite the Constitution’ May 23, 2013
- Lerner Runs Out Of Hearing Surrounded By Security After Pleading The Fifth May 22, 2013
- Hollywood Moonbats Star In Video Slamming Republicans For Opposing Abortion… May 23, 2013
- Report: Obama To Restart Gitmo Transfers, Will Lift Restriction On Sending Detainees To Yemen… May 23, 2013
- Dingy Reid: We Need To Confirm Obama Judicial Nominees To Provide Far-Left “Ideological Balance”… May 23, 2013
- Top Sunni Cleric Yusuf Al-Qardawi Calls For Jihad While Visiting Gaza, Prays To Become A Martyr… May 23, 2013
- AP, AFP Reporters Trash Israel In Secret Facebook Group… May 23, 2013
- U.S. Admits for First Time Drones Killed 4 Americans May 23, 2013
- ‘WAR IN LONDON TONIGHT’: RIOTERS CLASH WITH POLICE OVER ‘CLEAVER’ TERROR ATTACK (PLUS: READ ABOUT MOTHER WHO REPORTEDLY CONFRONTED KILLERS) May 23, 2013
- Issa: Lerner waived her rights by giving an opening statement, so we’re bringing her back before the committee May 23, 2013
- JournoList’s IRS angle begins to gel May 23, 2013
- Rand Paul RIPS Colleagues For ‘Berating’ Apple Over Taxes May 22, 2013
- Megyn Kelly Drills Obama Over Scandals w/2 Panels ~> Full Videos May 22, 2013
- Issa ~> Lerner Waived Right to 5th ~> Will Recall ~> Full Report May 22, 2013
- Jaw-Dropper ~> MSNBC's Chuck Todd ~> Obama Wants to Criminalize Journalism ~> Shocking Video May 22, 2013
- Palin Mauls Obama ~> New FB Post ~> Gonna Leave Scars ~> Read Here May 22, 2013
- FBI Kills Florida Man Linked to Boston Bomber ~> Video Report May 22, 2013
- "Astoundingly Disturbing": Obama Administration Claims Power to Wage Endless War Across the Globe May 22, 2013
- Friend of Tamerlan Tsarnaev killed by FBI Agent while being "interviewed" in Orlando May 22, 2013
- Reality Check Exclusive: Cincinnati Agent Giving Orders in IRS Scandal? May 22, 2013
- Bin Laden burial pictures will stay secret May 21, 2013
- Durham cop threatens to beat citizen and plant cocaine on him. May 21, 2013
- IRS Worker Used Federal Plastic For Amazon Buys May 21, 2013
- Woman Cops Plea In "Coochie" Smuggle Case May 21, 2013
- Collegian, 21, Is Rescued Off Colorado Mountain After Getting High On Mushrooms, Stripping Off Her Clothes May 20, 2013
- Father, 23, Arrested For Letting Daughter, 9, Drive Car (Which She Slammed Straight Into A Tree) May 20, 2013
- Mug Shot Roundup Linked To Al Qaeda May 20, 2013
- Man Linked to Boston Bombing Suspect Confesses to Murder, Gets Shot by FBI
- The Next Gun Debate? Armed Drones Could Be Protected By the Second Amendment
- Riots grip Stockholm suburbs after police shooting
- Nevada Governor Candidate Warns Boy Scout Jamboree May be Next False Flag
- Facebook falling out of favor with teens
- Justice Department: 4 U.S. citizens killed by drones May 22, 2013
- IRS hearing: Best moments May 22, 2013
- Immigration vote search moves to full Senate May 22, 2013
- Cruz: 'I don't trust the Republicans' May 22, 2013
- Puns aside, Weiner a force in mayor's race May 22, 2013
- Amy's Baking Company Owner, Sami Bouzaglo, Reportedly In Deportation Hearings May 22, 2013
- California Hospital Strike: Thousands Picket At UC Davis Medical Center, Other Universities May 22, 2013
- Pocket-dialing 911 Leads To Fla. Murder Charge May 22, 2013
- 'Hacking Back' Could Deter Chinese Cyberattacks, Report Says May 22, 2013
- Charles Ramsey, Cleveland Kidnapping Hero, Offered Free Burgers For Life: Report May 22, 2013
- Jailed for silence? May 23, 2013
- TPP: The Biggest Threat to the Internet You’ve Probably Never Heard Of May 22, 2013
- On the eve of a major address by President Barack Obama it is revealed that four Americans were killed overseas via drone strikes May 22, 2013
- Epidemic Hazard – Tunisia, Governorate of Monastir, Monastir : NCoV (novel coronavirus) UPDATE May 22, 2013
- Epidemic Hazard – State of Alabama, Dothan [Southeast Alabama Medical Center] : Unidentified respiratory illness (fatal) UPDATE May 22, 2013
- Timothy J. Corcoran (16) Missing From St Louis County, MO May 17, 2013
- Three women who have been missing for a decade, found ALIVE just a few miles from where they lived (HUFFINGTONPOST) May 7, 2013
- Authorities in Florida and Louisiana Have Issued An Alert For Two Children Abducted By Their Non Custodial Parents (UPDATED!) April 17, 2013
- Several Unidentified Females Found In 2009 In Pima County, AZ April 15, 2013
- Paige Aiello, NJ College Student Missing Since Tuesday After Her Purse Was Found On The George Washington Bridge April 12, 2013
Daily Archives: October 10, 2012
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by assumptionla
Police Jury President Marty Triche addresses residents in Bayou Corne.
The alleged accomplice of an LSU student accused of trying to murder her mother in New Orleans on Monday told police that Nicole Boover wanted to kill her parents to get inheritance money. Nathan Andrew Yuhas, 18, an LSU student himself, said Boover, 19, offered him a $50,000 cut of that undisclosed amount of money for his help, according to paperwork filed in Criminal District Court in New Orleans.
An application for an arrest warrant for Yuhas indicates that he accompanied Boover to purchase gloves, duct tape and masks similar to those worn by the killers in the “Scream” movies. Yuhas allegedly told police that he and Boover intended to leave the state after carrying out the killing, but their murder plot went awry and both he and Boover ended up in custody.
On Monday about 4:30 a.m., authorities say Boover went to her mother’s place in the Esplanade at City Park apartment complex and tapped on the front door. When the mother answered, the daughter allegedly raised a silver-colored handgun.
The mother shut the door immediately, but Boover is accused of firing three shots into the door before fleeing down the hall towards the stairs, investigators believe.
Boover’s mother was not injured, but NOPD was alerted and confirmed the incident.
LSU Student plots Murder of her own Mother
An LSU student sits in jail on attempted murder charges; she is accused of plotting to kill her own mother. WWL’s Monica Hernandez talks to the young woman’s close friend.
“Junior year we were like inseparable like best friends,” said one of her friends.
Best friends, getting ready to parade as mascots for Mt. Carmel Academy in New Orleans.
Three years later, Monica LaForge says she never expected her high school friend would be accused of trying to murder her own mother for inheritance money.
19-year-old Nicole Boover, a freshman biology major at LSU, is behind bars in New Orleans, charged with attempted first degree murder.
“I really didn’t see it coming; I didn’t expect it at all. She definitely was not a violent person, I couldn’t imagine her hitting anyone, like at all,” said LaForge.
CHESTER, VA — Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal came to Mitt Romney’s defense today over remarks the Republican presidential nominee made Tuesday, saying he wouldn’t seek new anti-abortion legislation as president.
Jindal today went on to rebuff attacks from Democrats, including an Obama campaign conference call this morning pointing to Romney’s past support for restrictions on access to abortion.
“The reality is, its no surprise that President Obama would want to talk about anything but the economy,” Jindal said.
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by rightscoop
Rep. Trey Gowdy blasts Jay Carney and Ambassador Susan Rice: I want to know why we were lied to!
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by dentonexable
No description available.
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by AssociatedPress
A private company successfully delivered a half-ton of supplies to the International Space Station early Wednesday, the first official shipment under a billion-dollar contract with NASA. (Oct. 10)
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by 995WRNO
John Osterlind sings a tribute to former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin in the style of Oasis.
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by 971FMTalk
James O’Keefe came on the Dana Show today to talk about his latest video where an Obama employee is ok with a woman voting twice.
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by oversightandreform
Learn more at http://oversight.house.gov
Published on Oct 10, 2012 by goprapidresponse
At a Congressional Hearing, Former Libya Site Security Team Commander: Al-Qaeda “More Established Than We Are” In Libya (10/10/12)
A Baton Rouge man wanted for the aggravated rape of an 11-year-old girl is now behind bars.
Anthony Dreon Allen, 18, was wanted by the Baker Police Department as a suspect in the aggravated rape of an 11-year-old girl.
Allen was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.
If convicted as charged, Allen faces life in prison without the benefit of parole.