ALEXANDRIA, La. — Alexandria police say one woman is dead and another is in the hospital after both were attacked in their homes. It happened Tuesday afternoon on Bertie Street.
News Channel Five’s Brooke Buford has the story as police are still trying to piece together what happened.
“We had come back from the store and we heard some woman screaming,” said Dorothy Gordon, a neighbor on Bertie Street.
Gordon and her granddaughter had just got back home around noon Tuesday, when they say their 33-year-old female neighbor came staggering to the house.
“We came on out of the house and I came out back and the lady came in and said she felt like she was about to faint and that her boyfriend had hit her in the head with a hammer,” said Gordon. “I got a cold towel and put it on her and I called 911.”
Alexandria Police went to the victim’s house and say after they began investigating, they went next door and found another woman, dead inside her home.
“We have a person of interest in mind,” said Sgt. Bruce Fairbanks of the Alexandria Police Department. “The investigation is continuing. We believe that the two incidents are related, but we’re not sure exactly how.”
This is the second suspicious death in three days, just streets apart.
My Spooky Bird Feeder ;)
- Amazon Is Reportedly Bringing Back ‘The Tick’ With Patrick Warburton
- More Ferguson police off the force
- Erm…Snoop Dogg has been going around as a white man called Todd
- SCAM WARNING: IRS says DO NOT answer if this number is calling you
- Two men brawl on bus in shocking video captured on smartphone
- When does giving the reader what they want turn into clickbait? It’s complicated
- CNN Reporter Posts Video of Her Layoff
- 9 Years Ago: The Sky Before Katrina Struck | 08-29-2005 | #Louisiana | #Mississippi | #Alabama |
- Journal Retracts Paper that Questioned CDC Autism Study
- World War II Erupts: Color Photos From the Invasion of Poland, 1939
- LA State Troopers staying put for now
- Art Directors Guild Expands Voting, Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Photo: Oklahomans find Jesus in sky while saying goodbye to landmark
- Texas Brewery Invents a 99-Pack of Beer
- Swearing ice bucket challenge toddler apologises for bad language after being unmasked
- UPDATE | Mother makes impassioned plea for return of son in Amber Alert case
- Bus Riders | #jWe | #Louisiana | #CenLa |
- What Are Animals Thinking? (Hint: More Than You Suspect)
- CBS Sports to launch all-women’s sports talk show in fall
- Katy Perry Disses Fifth Harmony After Their First VMA Win — Watch Gif
Central Louisiana #CenLA
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa