ROCK HILL, SC (WBTV) -
Deputies say a 2-year-old girl grabbed the keys to her parents SUV while they were asleep, rolled the vehicle out of the driveway, and flipped it in a neighbor’s yard.
The incident happened just before 4:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon at the intersection of Celanese and Twin Lakes Roads in Rock Hill, according to the York County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies were dispatched to a call of a child in the roadway. When they arrived at the scene, they found a Chevy Tahoe on its side in the ditch on Celanese Road.
A witness at the scene told the deputies that while he was driving down the road he saw the SUV roll down the steep driveway, make a turn in the road, and roll onto the curb before it flipped onto its side an landed in the ditch.
An unknown person then helped the toddler out of the vehicle and held the child until authorities arrived, according to EMS.
The child was unharmed.
The deputies then went to the home where it was believed the child and the SUV came from and found both the parents asleep in a upstairs room.
Beaming across the web from my place to your face.
My Spooky Bird Feeder ;)
- Jefferson Parish woman arrested for sexually abusing a toddler and a dog
- Four ways to get the media behind your crowdfunding campaign
- Bill Cosby: Queen Latifah Cancels Interview After Rape Allegations
- Louisiana bans synthetic marijuana ‘Mojo’ and ‘Spice’
- Sandra Bullock takes charge during medical emergency on New Orleans movie set
- Art all around New Orleans with Prospect 3
- Google’s New Computer With Human-Like Learning Abilities Will Program Itself
- SodaStream to Move Controversial West Bank Facility
- Plaquemines Parish leaders discuss Ebola & Mississippi River threat
- Orson Welles’s final film is on its way to release
- Beneath Nik Wallenda’s Tightrope, Discovery and NBC News Face Balancing Act
- Suspects who tried to sell a child spotted near Texas stateline
- John McCain on What He Learned as a Prisoner of War
- Pareidolia Caught on Camera: Spooky Little Big Planet Ghost, For Realz Yo
- A comet in space smells like rotten eggs and horse urine
- US Having Its Coolest Year On Record
- An Archie series is in development at Fox, and that’s not a bad idea
- Police investigating assault and theft following argument between Brown family relatives
- Blood Thirsty? The ONLY real vampire shop in the United States is in New Orleans
- The Times-Picayune to move printing operation to Mobile, Al.
Central Louisiana #CenLA
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa