“You never expect at two in the morning you’re attempting to stop a vehicle going that speed its going to be an 11-year-old.”
That’s was sheriff’s deputies in Calcasieu Parish discovered when they finally apprehended a driver who had lead police on high speed a chase on I-10 from Sulphur to Vinton.
“One of our patrolman was doing routine patrols driving down I-10, observed a vehicle driving erratically.”
Police attempted to pull the car over, but the driver took off traveling at speeds up to 120 miles per hour. The pursuit finally came to an end when the boy and crashed into a guardrail trying to take the Vinton exit. The driver was ok and considering he’d driven all the way from his home in Lafayette, almost 100 miles, lucky no one was hurt.
“We’re very fortunate this happened at two in the morning instead of two in the afternoon.”
The boy told police he was headed to Houston to visit family. Needless to say, his parents in Lafayette were a little surprised to get that early morning call that their son had been arrested.
“He snuck out, got the keys and just took off.”
- Be patient while I charge up the news. When the logo is spinning smoothly, blast off.
Fully Charged News
- One-of-a-Kind Cigarette Butt Recycling Program Begins in New Orleans July 23, 2014
- Ever wondered what’s inside a black box flight recorder? July 21, 2014
- Sky News apologises over reporter going through MH17 victim’s luggage at crash site July 20, 2014
- NASA to Mark 45th Anniversary of First Moon Landing With Re-Broadcast Sunday Night July 20, 2014
- FBI: Scams Aimed At Relatives Of Child Immigrants July 20, 2014
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! It’s National Ice Cream Day!!! July 20, 2014
- New Orleans Bicycle Nation Blocks Intersection, Protests for Safety Upgrades July 19, 2014
- Who Lies Where? Hundreds Buried Beneath St. Louis Cathedral July 18, 2014
- Police: Man Tries To Pull Pizza Prank From Jail Cell July 17, 2014
- A Common Cholesterol Drug’s Safety Is In Question July 17, 2014
- The Border and Obama July 17, 2014
- ‘Seinfeld’ lost episode: Cast rejected gun plot July 16, 2014
- So you’ve been fired from ‘SNL’: Here’s what to do next July 15, 2014
- Octomom Pleads No Contest To Welfare Fraud Charge July 14, 2014
- Five years after walking away from unit and being kidnapped by Taliban, Bowe Bergdahl returns to regular duty July 14, 2014
- F-35 a No-Show (So Far) at Big Air Show July 14, 2014
- Generous retirement benefit boost slipped into bill for State Police Col. Mike Edmonson on last day of legislative session July 13, 2014
- ‘I don’t feel like I smell any better’: Watch one man’s deodorant review spectacularly go south July 12, 2014
- Restaurant server leaves touching note for grieving widow July 12, 2014
- Weather 90 percent favorable for Sunday’s Antares rocket launch July 12, 2014