“You never expect at two in the morning you’re attempting to stop a vehicle going that speed its going to be an 11-year-old.”
That’s was sheriff’s deputies in Calcasieu Parish discovered when they finally apprehended a driver who had lead police on high speed a chase on I-10 from Sulphur to Vinton.
“One of our patrolman was doing routine patrols driving down I-10, observed a vehicle driving erratically.”
Police attempted to pull the car over, but the driver took off traveling at speeds up to 120 miles per hour. The pursuit finally came to an end when the boy and crashed into a guardrail trying to take the Vinton exit. The driver was ok and considering he’d driven all the way from his home in Lafayette, almost 100 miles, lucky no one was hurt.
“We’re very fortunate this happened at two in the morning instead of two in the afternoon.”
The boy told police he was headed to Houston to visit family. Needless to say, his parents in Lafayette were a little surprised to get that early morning call that their son had been arrested.
“He snuck out, got the keys and just took off.”
- My Tweets
- Flood Watch issued December 18 at 9:40AM CST until December 22 at 6:00AM CST by NWS December 18, 2014...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAKE CHARLES HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WATCH FOR THE... CALCASIEU RIVER NEAR GLENMORA AFFECTING RAPIDES PARISH CALCASIEU RIVER AT OLD TOWN BAY AFFECTING CALCASIEU PARISH .SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL BEGIN TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE REGION TODAY AND INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE AND INTENSITY OVERNIGHT.
- Flood Watch issued December 18 at 9:40AM CST until December 22 at 6:00AM CST by NWS December 18, 2014
Central Louisiana #CenLA
- Man gets 15-year term for fatal crash in 2012 December 18, 2014Man gets 15-year term for fatal crash in 2012 A Sherwood man was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years in prison after a four-day trial for drunkenly causing a chain-reaction vehicle crash in Little Rock that killed a 60-year-old grandmother two years ago. Police: Woman, 70, tried to set SUV on fire A 70-year-old woman with a reported history of mental illness tri […]
- Nature center planned for Missouri fish hatchery December 18, 2014Nature center planned for Missouri fish hatchery The Missouri Conservation Commission has approved a nearly $1.2 million contract to design a new nature center to replace the small visitor's center at Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery. Fayetteville National Cemetery gets new director Fayetteville National Cemetery has a new director, according to a ne […]
- KZLC-Wildcats Media News Final Report for 2014 December 17, 2014KZLC-Wildcats Media News Final Report for 2014Your student-driven campus news update Lost Forty Brewing sets opening date Lost Forty Brewing, 501 Byrd St., Little Rock, which started rolling out its Lost Forty Pale Ale and Bare Bones Pilsner earlier this month, has set a Saturday and Sunday Dec. 20-21 soft opening for its Pint & Pantry tap room, co-owner […]
- Having a grand time December 17, 2014Having a grand time Colleen Baird doesn't look like an old-timey grandmother. She wears her shoulder-blade-length hair dark with highlights, much as she did during her younger days. Creature Feature As Christmas draws near, it's good to have a few stocking stuffers on hand for the animal lover in your life, or even to read yourself. Christmas is fo […]
- 2 health care workers arrested on Medicaid fraud charges December 17, 20142 health care workers arrested on Medicaid fraud charges Arkansas' attorney general says health care workers from Pulaski and Phillips counties have been arrested for alleged Medicaid fraud. Wachter Inc. to expand operations in Lowell, add 20 jobs Wachter Inc. announced Tuesday that it will expand its Lowell facility, adding 20 new jobs. Lawrence County […]
- Man gets 15-year term for fatal crash in 2012 December 18, 2014
- 1,9711,277 14m December 18, 20141,971 1,277 14m 14 minutes ago Dec. 18 Exact Weather forecast: Mostly cloudy, mild Thursday: A pretty fair day in the forecast. Expect partly... ln.is/bit.ly/ZBpYy 1h 1 hour ago City Council Criminal Justice Committee to discuss NOPD handling of sex crimes: The City Council Criminal Just... ln.is/bit.ly/WXXVM 3h 3 hours ago Louisiana World Network Daily Flas […]
- 1,278 5h December 18, 20141,278 5h 5 hours ago 5h 5 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 6h 6 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago 7h 7 hours ago This post has been generated by Page2RSS […]
- 1,9711,277 14m December 18, 2014
- Newslocker Louisiana December 18, 2014Newslocker LouisianaThe Pledge of Allegiance: Park Forest Elementary #Louisiana http://www.newslocker.com/en-us/region/louisiana/the-pledge-of-allegiance-park-forest-elementary/ Chris Bunkie RoyTommy Webb, Sugarcane farmer, Bunkie, La. #farmer #bunkie #louisiana #sugarcane http://instagram.com/p/wwM6bDR1xv/ WNMC Radio PlaylistNow Playing, Professor Longhair […]
- RideToSlide December 18, 2014RideToSlide 58 minutes ago#photo by and go #follow @mikemancha77 At boss mans #camp #louisiana #marsh #swamp #glades #lake… http://instagram.com/p/wvzP7ux9jh/ What's going on in #CenterPoint, #Louisiana? Check out this great new app for news and weather! http://bit.ly/pTNNRV Lil hommie#GOODMUSIC #318 #lilhommie #Louisiana #TheComeUp http://t.co/WHcNoOOq […]
- Newslocker Louisiana December 18, 2014
- 322,837 Page Views December 18, 2014322,837 Page Views Obama: US to Continue Push for Democracy, Rights in Cuba - Voice of America Ex-Anonymous hacker questions North Korea's role in Sony hack - CBS News Putin: West is trying to 'defang' the Russian bear - Washington Post US judge overturns 1940s conviction of executed boy - BBC News Can Tsarnaev get a fair trial in Boston? - Ch […]
- 322,790 Page Views December 18, 2014322,790 Page Views Obama-Castro Handshake Offered Little Hint of Cuba Talks - Businessweek North Korea Behind Sony Hack: US Officials - NBCNews.com Putin reassures Russians rouble will rise again - Reuters Pakistani Taliban attack: Why insurgents killed 132 school children in cold blood - CBC.ca 1 Dead In Redondo Beach After Car Hits As Many As 12 Pedestrian […]
- 322,837 Page Views December 18, 2014
- Rand Paul is Already Running an Ad Against Jeb Bush
- Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack on Movie Theaters That Screen ‘The Interview’
- Video: Fight at #Pineville Walmart | #CenLa | #Louisiana
- Sony Hack: Amy Pascal Apologizes to Harvey Weinstein, Lining Up Studio Supporters
- Bill Cosby Lectures (Black) Media On How Not To Be Judgmental
- N.C. teen’s hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching
- Muslim academic criticises faceless Islamic ‘Deeni Doll’ for girls
- Report: Numerous people held hostage in Sydney chocolate shop as jihadist flag hangs in window
- Free ink for charity tonight only!
- Another campaign for Mary Landrieu? ‘Oh Lord, no’
- Former NFL Star Indicted For Drugs, Rape- in 3 States
- Black figures hanged in effigy on UC Berkeley campus
- Yahoo Starts Prompting Chrome Users To “Upgrade” To Firefox
- Fox markets ‘Backstrom’ with ‘total dick’ ad
- Golden Globe Nominations: 26 Biggest Snubs and Surprises
- North Korea ’rounding up and castrating dwarfs’
- Researchers seek support of ‘bionic bra’
- Congress Poised To Dedicate $41 Million To Help End Backlog Of Rape Kits
- Leaked Sony Emails Reveal Nasty Exchanges and Insults
- The deeply controversial CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch just stepped down
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa
Buy my merch, or else don't.
I MADE THIS FOR ME!