“You never expect at two in the morning you’re attempting to stop a vehicle going that speed its going to be an 11-year-old.”
That’s was sheriff’s deputies in Calcasieu Parish discovered when they finally apprehended a driver who had lead police on high speed a chase on I-10 from Sulphur to Vinton.
“One of our patrolman was doing routine patrols driving down I-10, observed a vehicle driving erratically.”
Police attempted to pull the car over, but the driver took off traveling at speeds up to 120 miles per hour. The pursuit finally came to an end when the boy and crashed into a guardrail trying to take the Vinton exit. The driver was ok and considering he’d driven all the way from his home in Lafayette, almost 100 miles, lucky no one was hurt.
“We’re very fortunate this happened at two in the morning instead of two in the afternoon.”
The boy told police he was headed to Houston to visit family. Needless to say, his parents in Lafayette were a little surprised to get that early morning call that their son had been arrested.
“He snuck out, got the keys and just took off.”
My Spooky Bird Feeder ;)
Beaming across the web from my place to your face.
- Tuesday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20140930
- TV Academy’s Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- Alabama high school says NSA was monitoring students on social media
- Louisiana Restaurant Owner Gives a Discount to Gun Owners
- Rape Victims in Louisiana Are Being Charged for Hospital Exams
- Camille Paglia: The Modern Campus Cannot Comprehend Evil
- Monday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20140929
- Officer arrested in prostitution sting to receive $10,000 a month on paid leave
- Audio surfaces of NC Congressman Robert Pittenger’s controversial comments on sexual orientation
- Beam me up: 5 classic Jim Traficant quotes
- White House preparing a directive forcing domestic agencies to disclose drone usage
- ‘Horned’ man convicted of murders yells, ‘I’ll see you all in hell’
- Friday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20140926
- Thursday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20140925
- Fall Means? | #jWe | #CenLa | #Louisiana
- Grandmother who once despised profanity can’t stop swearing following a stroke
- Wednesday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20140924
- The Secret Service Thinks We Are Fools
- Video shows Mexican drug lord paying journalists for ‘good press’
- This Robot Tastes Better Than A Wine Critic
Central Louisiana #CenLA
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa