“You never expect at two in the morning you’re attempting to stop a vehicle going that speed its going to be an 11-year-old.”
That’s was sheriff’s deputies in Calcasieu Parish discovered when they finally apprehended a driver who had lead police on high speed a chase on I-10 from Sulphur to Vinton.
“One of our patrolman was doing routine patrols driving down I-10, observed a vehicle driving erratically.”
Police attempted to pull the car over, but the driver took off traveling at speeds up to 120 miles per hour. The pursuit finally came to an end when the boy and crashed into a guardrail trying to take the Vinton exit. The driver was ok and considering he’d driven all the way from his home in Lafayette, almost 100 miles, lucky no one was hurt.
“We’re very fortunate this happened at two in the morning instead of two in the afternoon.”
The boy told police he was headed to Houston to visit family. Needless to say, his parents in Lafayette were a little surprised to get that early morning call that their son had been arrested.
“He snuck out, got the keys and just took off.”
Beaming across the web from my place to your face.
My Spooky Bird Feeder ;)
- Blood Thirsty? The ONLY real vampire shop in the United States is in New Orleans
- The Times-Picayune to move printing operation to Mobile, Al.
- Monday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20141020
- Why does the CDC hold a patent on Ebola?
- The Hunger Games’ Jena Malone will be the new Robin to Ben Affleck’s Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Cannabis-eating sheep get high as a kite after munching £4,000-worth of drugs
- ‘Giant sex toy’ artist punched three times by Frenchman for shaming Paris
- Friday | Almost #Linkless #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20141017
- The Reinventions of Rand Paul
- Thursday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20141016
- Who’s the richest person in Virginia and all 50 states?
- Student at center of Destrehan sex scandal crushed teachers could face prison time, reports says
- ‘Crossfire’ Cancelled — Again — As CNN Pulls Programs And Slashes Staff
- Neil Patrick Harris to Host the Oscars (EXCLUSIVE)
- HBO to finally offer stand-alone streaming service
- Lockhart murder suspect Terry Speaks returned to Kenner to face charges
- Wednesday | #LinkList | #Louisiana | 20141015
- Jay Leno back in gear, lands CNBC show
- Michael Harrison named New Orleans Chief of Police
- The little fighters
Central Louisiana #CenLA
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa