NEW ORLEANS — Is the government building a case against former Mayor Ray Nagin?
Eyewitness News has uncovered new signs of a possible investigation that include a delay in the sentencing of Greg Meffert, Nagin’s former tech chief who was convicted on corruption charges.
A year and a half ago, Meffert pleaded guilty in federal court to those charges and was supposed to be sentenced on Thursday. However, Meffert’s attorney confirms that is no longer the case.
“I don’t know what’s going to be the final date but it’s definitely not going on tomorrow,” said Randy Smith during a telephone interview. Smith is the attorney representing Meffert.
The charges against Meffert stem from his position as the city’s chief technology officer under then-Mayor Ray Nagin.
A Times-Picayune report back in February claimed Nagin received possible gratuities like trips to Hawaii and Jamaica — all in exchange for city contracts.
- Moon Silk | #jWe | #Louisiana | #CenLa |
- Have some more birds. – #Cenla #Louisiana
- Get out. – #CatInTheTub
- Are you prepared for the Mardi Gras Mantis? – #Louisiana #Cenla
- Listen Up
- Have some birds. – #Louisiana #Cenla
- #Sweet #Louisiana: Car hungry for #KingCake, smashes up bakery – creates personal drive-thru – #KingCakes in Oven of Concern – More #KingCakes on the way – How many more can we handle?
- President Obama makes first Baton Rouge visit – #Louisiana #Rosy
- Wale The First Rapper To Open The State Of The Union Address
- 2015 in review
- Police officer wrecks patrol car after Owl insists on #Christmas Eve ride | #Louisiana
- 9th Judicial District Court
- Alexandria City Court
- Alexandria Museum of Art
- Alexandria Pineville Area CVB
- Alexandria Police
- Alexandria Retrospective
- Alexandria Utilities
- Alexandria Zoological Park
- Cenla Focus
- City of Alexandria
- City of Pineville
- Department of Children & Family Services
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- EPA Region 6 | CWPPRA
- Find a Senator or Representative
- Find your Louisiana Legislators
- Louisiana Rebel World
- Louisiana Travel
- Mayor's Office of Alexandria
- Mayor's Office of Pineville
- Office of the Governor
- Official Louisiana Hurricane Survival Guide
- Pineville City Court
- Pineville Police
- Pineville Utilities
- Rapides Parish Clerk of Court
- Rapides Parish Court House
- Rapides Parish Library
- Rapides Parish Map
- RAPIDES PARISH POLICE JURY
- Rapides Parish School Board
- Rapides Parish Sherriff's Office
- The Dead Pelican
- The Hayride