NEW ORLEANS — State Fire Marshal Butch Browning retired Tuesday, but there a lot is more to Browning’s sudden departure than what was officially announced.
“There’s nothing more disgraceful than trying to present yourself as someone who served in the military when you didn’t it,” said Rep. Steve Scalise, R-New Orleans.
When we caught up with Scalise last week, he did not mince words about the Stolen Valor Act, a federal law that prohibits anyone from wearing military commendations they didn’t earn.
My Spooky Bird Feeder ;)
Beaming across the web from my place to your face.
- Labor Board Orders CNN to Rehire 100 Fired Employees
- Senate’s Secret Handbook Revealed | The Real Story | Gretchen Carlson |
- Fortune 5: The biggest organized crime groups in the world
- Unindicted co-conspirator in 1993 World Trade Centre bombing deported to Canada
- So it wasn’t sexism: Men’s cycling team kit is just as striking as the women’s
- Snowden: NSA Collected Data on New Zealand Citizens
- Foam monster engulfs River Lea in London, reaching heights of 10ft
- Oprah, Vanessa Williams, and other stars who got their start in beauty pageants
- Hillary Clinton Flips a Steak in Iowa
- Auditions begin for marijuana-based reality show
- Earth from ISS | 20140914
- Are we at war, Mr. Kerry?
- John Kerry: ISIS Action Is Not a War, It’s Counter-Terrorism
- Reality show strands Democrat and Republican senators on island
- Bell Toll Marks 13th Anniversary of 9/11
- Burger King in Japan to start serving up Black Burgers
- Barbra Streisand Is Going on The Tonight Show
- Ted Cruz: ‘Saturday Night Live’ Skits Illegal Under New Campaign Finance Proposal (Video)
- Study Suggests Hollywood Is Not So Gay-Friendly
- Police: Kenner man arrested a second time for impersonating officer
Central Louisiana #CenLA
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa