SAN ANTONIO — Three years ago he was merely a face in a very large crowd, standing outside the Alamo on Tax Day as Glenn Beck spoke of drawing a line in the sand.
A businessman, husband, father of five and grandfather of 14, Bruce Baillio bought a miniature “Don’t Tread on Me” flag and watched, a little sheepishly and mostly silently, as a movement was born before his eyes. Like most of America, he didn’t know then what the tea party was.
Today, he is part of what it is morphing into.
Twice a month at the Jim’s Restaurant not far from his home sets an American flag on a Formica table and leads his neighborhood tea party group — one of 23 in the San Antonio area — in a discussion. They talk about the Obama administration’s policies regarding insurance for birth control, about how to become a delegate to the conventions that help determine the Texas GOP’s leaders and platform.
In this, the first presidential campaign since the dawn of the movement, no single contender has been christened the “tea party candidate.” And what was once the boisterous focus of American politics is now the butt of Internet insult: “Ding Dong — the Tea Party is dead!” wrote one blogger.
Dead the tea party is not. Changed? Perhaps. But still very much alive, in the back room of a Jim’s Restaurant in San Antonio and many other places across the land.
Update08092015: A Trove of Troves has made life easier.
Update 03302015: The Mood Manipulation Experiment Continues.
Update 01212015: The site transformation is complete.
The Nano-Gnomes are constantly working to keep things fresh, and trying to chase off the Nano-Gremlins. Sometimes the Nano-Gnome King has to interdict, interject, intercept, and pretty much fix things that look iffy. | Welcome to 2015 | I hope you continue to find my site useful for finding fresh Louisiana, World, and other news of interest to me personally for one reason or another. Probably bewbs and art.
Let's not forget that the Nano-Gnomes have to be often re-calibrated in their automation processes. They are there so the Nano-Gnome King can attend to real life issues.
If anything I wish upon you in the new year, is love. The Nano-Gnomes will keep the light on for ya, and ya'll come back. Ya hear?
- My Tweets
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisoriesThere are no active watches, warnings or advisories
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Central Louisiana #CenLA
- 1,3821h October 7, 20151,382 1h1 hour ago NOPD seeks robber who pushed woman to ground, took purse in Treme: New Orleans police want to identify and loc... bit.ly/1LkcR4c 1h1 hour ago State fire marshal to assist investigation into fatal Algiers house fire: State officials will investigate a h... bit.ly/1LkcOp6 1h1 hour ago More than $150 million planned in road construction acros […]
- 1,3821h October 7, 2015
- 21 hours ago October 7, 201521 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago 21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago21 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ago22 hours ag […]
- 21 hours ago October 7, 2015
- Round 2: Downstream South Carolina towns brace for flooding October 7, 2015Round 2: Downstream South Carolina towns brace for flooding Mandeville High newspaper’s fake story gives restaurant indigestion thetowntalk.com/article/2… wafb.com/story/22052050/u… maxim.com/hometown-hottie… slumz.boxden.com/f87/anot… 371,396 hits This post has been generated by Page2RSS
- Round 2: Downstream South Carolina towns brace for flooding October 7, 2015
I have a pipe dream.
I dream that there were people who said, 'hey let’s crowd source and buy a TV station.'
We are deluged with the West Coast perspective, we get swamped with the East Coast perspective.
I want the South Coast perspective to be widely promoted.
I would like someone to open up a CNN/FOX type 24-Hour cable news netwrk, and give that South Coast perspective.
I would like to see it happen here in Central Louisiana. #CenLa
Buy my merch, or else don't.
I MADE THIS FOR ME!